Windows 10: Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error...

Discus and support Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About 737 days ago I had a thread going with this problem. This is a link to that thread, so I don't have to re-detail the problem. Continue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vk3diw, Jul 1, 2019.

1. vk3diw Win User

Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error...

About 737 days ago I had a thread going with this problem.
    This is a link to that thread, so I don't have to re-detail the problem.
    Continue automatically after Memory Referenced error on shutdown?

In summary: For all the years I have had Windows 10 installed, I have been unable to do an unattended shutdown with any confidence because at random, W10 will pop up that Memory Referenced error dialog during the shutdown process, requiring you to hit OK to shutdown.

And here's my problem: The moment you ask about this, or if you search on it, you find hundreds (if not more) responses to the many postings across support sites - and they all offer or try to offer solutions for the error.
    I don't need to fix the error. All I want is a way to tell W10 not to stop on the error. Which is only logical.
    Here's the thing:
    At the point that the error pops up:
    1. There's nothing you can do anyway, other than continue, right?
    2. Anyone who knows enough to translate that cryptic gobbledeygook knows enough to use the Event viewer to debug the error.
    3. So why not just make like every other serious (real?) operating system and post a message on startup saying, "You had an abnormal termination the last time, go check the Event logs".

So, please, if you respond to this, I'd really appreciate not getting the long list of ways to fix it re drivers and sfc and reset and clean installs, ad infinitum. What I need are suggestions that will help me do a shutdown that I can be confident will shutdown - not sit for three days on a silly error message that (at that point) nobody can recover from anyway.
    And for the troubleshooters:
    Along the way, I have tried every one of those "fixes". I run and try a lot of odd software, I code, I connect one-off peripherals when troubleshooting things for others.This error has disappeared and reappeared completely at random, obviously with different combinations of system s/w, drivers, applications. And that's OK. I know this is most probably caused by third-party program or driver. So what?
    To me, the flaw is in the design construct of the error I'd love someone at MS to have the intelligence to think through the value of stopping a system shutdown for a message that you can only hit ok on.
    I run Linux and Apple systems as well, and this would (and does) get laughed at in that world. But I bought my first PC in 1983 and I will always think of myself as primarily a Window person.
    This is scaring me because my W7 machine is bullet-proof this way - and yet I will soon lose it to this unreliable OS because MS wants that to happen.
    That's just plain dumb. What are we doing here, regressing to a mediocrity mean?
    Cheers

:)

vk3diw, Jul 1, 2019
  2. vk3diw Win User

Hi,
    I have been living in the hope that some update would address this. Now have the Creator's Update but it still is a showstopper.
    Ever since I installed Windows 10 originally, my system will halt on that infernal "memory referenced" error at random occasions, during shutdown. This makes my workflow really difficult as I am reliant on unattended operations. The problem is that this is never the same originating application called out in the error message, varying from Box sync to explorer.exe. I've worked my way through many workaround attempts and will keep trying (from the asinine responses om the MS support forums to fairly good advice on this and orther tech sites) - BUT... I need to be away for a few weeks and absolutely need to be able to access my PC remotely. I cannot risk this happening because when it is stuck on the error, connectivity is gone and it needs a manual enter keypress.

Is there any setting or configuration that will allow Windows to continue? Maybe with a timeout on the error or similar?
    Or -
    Is there any remote tool that will stay connected in that situation to allow me to do the keypress remotely?
    Needless to say, I have another PC running Windows 7 that runs flawlessly with unattended operations - I just need this one to behave itself as well.

Thanks.

Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error... [​IMG]

vk3diw, Jul 1, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, I had this happen fairly consistently for quite a while- but not for the last few weeks or more. I recall this being discussed in one thread many months ago, but no resolution. Very frustrating.

It will probably be related to an installed program.

If you search the forum for
    "The instruction at"
    (literally that string inc. "")
    you will find a lot of results to scan through:

Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error... [​IMG]

Example of one solved:
    Windows 10 pro anniversary Explorer.exe Application error at shutdown - Windows 10 Forums

Possible workaround
    reciever error at shutdown Solved - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error...

Referenced memory error

Hi all,

I have a problem with few PCs. They stop responding/are freezing. I did update all drivers and BIOS, reinstalled Windows and changed graphics card. Non of these work. I did uninstall NVIDIA Driver pack and after that it looks like Windows is crashing. I
    get error code Exception Processing Message 0x0000006 Parameters 0x7ff8db971b58 and after while
    The instruction at 0x00007ff8dd47f3e1 referenced memory at 0x0000000013585658. The required data was not placed into memory because of I/O error status of 0x000000e

Does anyone know about what the Exception Processing Message 0x0000006 is?

I did check EventViewer and there is a continuous error Event ID: 10016 DistributedCOM.

What I also did:

run diagnostics

chkdsk

updated graphics drivers

disabled sleep

extended turning off hard disk (power settings)

disabled USB selective suspend setting (power settings)

Joanna Stasiolek, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error...

1. Still looking for a way to continue after Memory Referenced error... - Similar Threads - Still looking continue

2. Referenced Memory Read Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Referenced Memory Read Error: Hi,I am receiving the following application error when I run Civ6. Have tried starting and restarting. And have run have a full scan of Bitdefender Antivirus.What else can I do?Thanks!...
  3. Referenced Memory Read Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Referenced Memory Read Error: Hi,I am receiving the following application error when I run Civ6. Have tried starting and restarting. And have run have a full scan of Bitdefender Antivirus.What else can I do?Thanks!...
  4. Referenced Memory Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Referenced Memory Error: Hi,I've been receiving an error occasionally when I wake my laptop from sleep please see attached image. It reads opengl: Windows - application error. The instruction at 0x00007FFAC3CC1C42 referenced memory at 0X0000000000000060. The memory could not be written.I have tried...
  5. Referenced Memory Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Referenced Memory Error: Hi,I've been receiving an error occasionally when I wake my laptop from sleep please see attached image. It reads opengl: Windows - application error. The instruction at 0x00007FFAC3CC1C42 referenced memory at 0X0000000000000060. The memory could not be written.I have tried...
  6. Error "The instruction at 0x0000FF777344B2 referenced memory at 0x00000000000000. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "The instruction at 0x0000FF777344B2 referenced memory at 0x00000000000000. The...: Hello there! So recently I ran a program called "piko park.exe" But I was getting this error.I know that it is a memory error. I had increased my virtual ram but the error was still there. I surfed the internet many times but still no solution. Kindly please help me fix this...
  7. Error referenced in memory...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error referenced in memory...: I had "error referenced in memory" pop-out error window in 1 program only! And another user said: he had it too, so I thought it was issue of that program! But a month later... now I restarted PC and I got the same error! Title was - explorer.exe. While I ran memtest, after...
  8. Application Error : The instruction at xxxxxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx The memory...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Error : The instruction at xxxxxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx The memory...: [ATTACH] I am using numbers of windows systems and I am getting this error when jar (java) application is running on it. This error doesn't comes on regular basis but it comes randomly. Some time it occurs twice a week or sometime it doesn't occur in a week. I have...
  9. Continue automatically after Memory Referenced error on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Continue automatically after Memory Referenced error on shutdown?: Hi, I have been living in the hope that some update would address this. Now have the Creator's Update but it still is a showstopper. Ever since I installed Windows 10 originally, my system will halt on that infernal "memory referenced" error at random occasions, during...
  10. ERROR: the instruction at 0x0... referenced memory at 0x0....

in Windows 10 Support
    ERROR: the instruction at 0x0... referenced memory at 0x0....: This weekend I was happily playing Blizzard's new game, Overwatch, with zero problems. I returned from work last night and tried to load up BattleNet and received the below error message: [img] I now can't load BattleNet to play any games, which is rather frustrating....