Windows 10: Still Looking for "Virtualization" so I can use VMWare

Discus and support Still Looking for "Virtualization" so I can use VMWare in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is no way I can get to the BIOS. I am told that I need to Upgrade to use Hyper-V. But there are still those out there that tell me I can useIntel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Old_hand, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Old_hand Win User

Still Looking for "Virtualization" so I can use VMWare

There is no way I can get to the BIOS. I am told that I need to Upgrade to use Hyper-V. But there are still those out there that tell me I can useIntel VT-x on Win 10 Home by getting into theBIOS to enable "Virtualization". Using the in-house method, as I cannot move fast enough to thePF2 key at Startup. O.K., I get to the Blue Screen and hitPF10, and I don't get the BIOS Menu. This is making me feel like an outcast.

:)

Old_hand, Feb 13, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 13, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Is Phenom II x4 capable of running 64bit VMware virtual machine ?

This is true if you are running a 32-bit guest os, however even with VMWare, virtualization is required to run a 64-bit guest os.

Trust me, I've tried getting VMWare to run a 64-bit guest OS without virtualization, it just won't do it. I fought the exact same problem on my Pentium D 830. The processor is 64-bit, the OS is 64-bit(Win7 Pro x64), but VMWare simply would not run a 64-bit guest OS.

Here is a VMware KB article for diagnosing this problem: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/mi...nguage=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1006190
    Notice step 2 is to make sure Virtualization is enabled.

newtekie1, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Still Looking for "Virtualization" so I can use VMWare - Similar Threads - Still Looking Virtualization

2. How can I turn off the screen so I can still use the keyboard and mouse with the screen off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I turn off the screen so I can still use the keyboard and mouse with the screen off...: hello, previously you could use the keyboard and mouse with the screen off by pressing the windows keys plus p, to select the option only second screen. however, as of Windows 8.1 and 10, this is no longer possible. now when selecting only second screen, the screen does not...
  3. Hello! Can I use SAVE STATES of free for non-commercial use VMWare Player for sell virtual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! Can I use SAVE STATES of free for non-commercial use VMWare Player for sell virtual...: Hello! Can I use SAVE STATES of free for non-commercial use VMWare Player for sell virtual disks with saved states files over the planet? Wont they be save states of disks under non-commercial VMWare Player license?...
  4. Hello! Can I use SAVE STATES of free for non-commercial use VMWare Player for sell virtual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello! Can I use SAVE STATES of free for non-commercial use VMWare Player for sell virtual...: Hello! Can I use SAVE STATES of free for non-commercial use VMWare Player for sell virtual disks with saved states files over the planet? Wont they be save states of disks under non-commercial VMWare Player license?...
  5. VMWare Player-Can connect virtual to physical in only one direction

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare Player-Can connect virtual to physical in only one direction: I created a virtual machine from a physical one using the VMware Standalone Convertor. The virtual machine can connect (read/write) to the physical machine but the physical machine CANNOT connect (read/write) to the virtual machine even though the virtual machine shows up in...
  6. Can I still use Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I still use Windows 7?: I know that Win7 has expired since 14.1.2020 with support, but I still want to know if you can still use it Writes good answers :-) LG I'm clearly out of updates. Kann man noch Windows 7 Benutzen?
  7. How to use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine

in Windows 10 News
    How to use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]VMware does not allow you to use more one monitor for any guest operating system. However, you can bypass this default setting and use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine. Irrespective of which OS you have installed in the virtual [...] This post How to...
  8. Vmware | software to create virtual computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware | software to create virtual computer: - Vmware is software to create virtual computer right on your computer. You can run all existing windows on vmware or other operating systems. - Vmware has many versions but this is the latest version of Vmware and has many great functions. Main features of VMware...
  9. VMware - Force VM to use "Internal" Virtual Nic and not installed Nic

VMware - Force VM to use "Internal" Virtual Nic and not installed Nic: Hi there Anybody know how to get VMware to use its own Virtual NIC for Windows rather than the hardware Nic's / Wifi Nic's when VM's are running on the same machine as the Host. I've got HOST W10 PRO Two VM's -- centos and Linux Mint running on same local machine as...
  10. Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine

Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine: I have been trying to open a virtual machine but nothing happens. I did have Bitdefender installed but I've removed that (you can't add exclusions in the free version it seems), So I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. The only security I have running at the moment...