Windows 10: Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC

Discus and support Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Posting again because last person was not helpful then ghosted me. I require permissions to delete things off my computer that I have been admin to for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CreationMonster, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC

Posting again because last person was not helpful then ghosted me. I require permissions to delete things off my computer that I have been admin to for 5 years since I bought it. I have gone through each of the folders and changed the owner; once to Admin and once to my Microsoft Account. Tested both and STILL couldn't delete files. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to delete these files or am I SoL and need to wipe my hard drive?

:)

CreationMonster, Oct 19, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

A required privilege is not held by the client // help please

Hi, suggest you try Tweaking.com's cautious repair tool, observing the cautious steps, and apply only the relevant fixes for permissions.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2020
  3. help on permission

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand and to help you resolve the issue please let us know

• How exactly are you facing issue with Permissions?
    • Are you trying to install any Software?
    • Are you trying to get access of any file folder ?
    Meanwhile I suggest you to refer to the Link below and try the troubleshooting steps provided by Pavan_N on a similar issue and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied. Permissions Issue with Windows 10

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC

1. Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC - Similar Threads - Still Need Help

2. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  3. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  4. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer: I have tried to delete files from my computer that I put there. I get a box saying I need administrator permission, but this is my own personal computer. I have found others that have had the same problem, but the steps don't make sense with the windows program that I have...
  6. Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer

Still struggling with the "Need Administrator Permission" to delete files on my own computer: I have tried to delete files from my computer that I put there. I get a box saying I need administrator permission, but this is my own personal computer. I have found others that have had the same problem, but the steps don't make sense with the windows program that I have...
  7. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I was never in a microsoft family but when I tried to purchase something it wouldn't let me get to the checkout page. I don't have the permission to buy things even though I was never in a microsoft family. I've already tried changing things up but that didn't work...
  8. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I was never in a microsoft family but when I tried to purchase something it wouldn't let me get to the checkout page. I don't have the permission to buy things even though I was never in a microsoft family. I've already tried changing things up but that didn't work...
  9. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

10. Administrator and still need permission?

Administrator and still need permission?: I'm utterly confused about the permissions needed. I am the sole user on my pc. Under accounts, is myself only as Admin and password protected...(that's another issue)... I copied a folder from ThisPC/C/Games/Folder and tried to paste it in my E:/ drive, my dvd drive, but I...