Windows 10: Still no program search support in Start menu search

Discus and support Still no program search support in Start menu search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm still having to use Stardock Start10 to use the keyboard to find non-store-app programs. Whenever I use the native Start menu and use the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stimpy77, Aug 29, 2015.

1. stimpy77 Win User

Still no program search support in Start menu search

I'm still having to use Stardock Start10 to use the keyboard to find non-store-app programs. Whenever I use the native Start menu and use the keyboard to enter the non-store-app program name it only finds useless hits among documents and junk (I have Bing disabled otherwise it would show useless online hits as well). I've yet to find any resolution to this that works and Windows updates haven't solved the problem either.

Still no program search support in Start menu search [​IMG]

Still no program search support in Start menu search [​IMG]

:)

stimpy77, Aug 29, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Still no working Start menu or search bar!!

[FIX] Your Start Menu Isn’t Working. We’ll Try To Fix It The Next Time You Sign In.

[FIX] Your Start Menu Isn't Working. We'll Try To Fix It The Next Time You Sign In.

Critical Error. Your Start Menu isn't working

Critical Error. Your Start Menu isn't working

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in. **Part 2**

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in. **Part 2**

Critical Error: Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in - Recherche Google

If your Profile is corrupted then you must fix it if you want to keep using the corrupted user profile. It is a bit like a car with a puncture. You have to take some action to remedy it.

How to fix corrupt user profile in windows 8?

Fix corrupt profile in Windows 8

Fix a corrupted user profile

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Fix a corrupted user profile

Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

It may be necessary to show both Hidden, and System Files, and also to uncheck "Hide known file types" in Control Panel/ Folder Options/ View, to navigate to the mentioned locations and to see file extensions.

"I found out from some searching that this error relates to Windows Firewall. I read another Windows 10 user's post on one of these many 0x800706d9 threads on the Microsoft site that the fix is to re-enable Windows Firewall in Services. Right-click it, select
    Properties, set startup to Automatic, and click Start. You should be able to update now".

Windows Update error 0x800706d9

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/32781-windows-update-error-0x800706d9.html

New Microsoft tool will hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/hide-or-show-windows-updates-in-windows-10.9702/

How to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/923159

How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10

https://techingiteasy.wordpress.com...-previous-version-of-windows-from-windows-10/

How to rollback Windows 10 after 30 days limit

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-windows-10-after-30-days

Retrieve files from the Windows.old folder

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/restore-files-upgrade-windows-old

Linney, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Still no working Start menu or search bar!!

I know that this issue and the question is a dime a dozen on here but I am curious if Microsoft really knows that the deal is. My start menu, search and other features won't work.

I recently (2 weeks ago) upgraded to Windows 10 (free upgrade) from Windows 8.0. Anyhoos, I did talk to tech support over the phone and they did the remote thing where the took over my computer. She tried a few things and NOTHING seemed to work. But,
    like always, the call dropped and that was that. I tried the turning off the firewall, running update, doing the copy and paste thing in powershell.....etc and still nothing. I am pretty PC savvy and I cant figure it out. And yes, I know about the "create
    another account" thing and yes I did that but I shouldn't have to.

Also, one item from Windows Update will NOT install:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.2822.0) - Error 0x800706d9

I currently have version 1511 (build 10586.63)

Someone, please help me. I honestly do not feel that MS really knows how to give a definite fix nor are they rushing to fix a free OS.

Satch Boogie, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Still no program search support in Start menu search

1. Still no program search support in Start menu search - Similar Threads - Still program search

2. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  3. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  4. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search in start menu

in Cortana
    Search in start menu: Hi. I have recently switched from my windows 10 PC to my windows 10 laptop. I don't know of any software differences, so I do not know what may be the cause. When using my windows pc, I often quickly open the start menu to search something up by just starting to type in the...
  6. Start Menu Program Search Broken

in Cortana
    Start Menu Program Search Broken: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Uninstalled programs will also still show in the results after having been removed. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer,...
  7. start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update: i use my start menu to find and open all of my programs, i just typed the name and hit enter. much faster than finding it on the desktop or in the start menu side bar. i just updated my pc to 2004 today and now no programs come up in search when i start typing from the start...
  8. Programs in Start menu not listed in search results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs in Start menu not listed in search results: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm still trying to get used to everything that's changed since 7. I'm used to being able to just hit the Windows key on my keyboard to bring up the Start menu, start typing the name of a program that I know has a shortcut in the start menu,...
  9. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...