Windows 10: Still no Update 2004 for my laptop

Discus and support Still no Update 2004 for my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So now it is the mid of November and the 2004 windows update still has not rolled around for my Laptop. Dont know the specs on the top of my head, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaBZI, Nov 10, 2020.

1. KaBZI Win User

Still no Update 2004 for my laptop

So now it is the mid of November and the 2004 windows update still has not rolled around for my Laptop. Dont know the specs on the top of my head, but seeing as one of my far older devices was already able to install it, I would like to pose the question at what point this update will be ironed out in compatiblity. Its starting to get ridicules after all this time.

:)

KaBZI, Nov 10, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 10, 2020
  3. blzmn Win User
    2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Nov 10, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Still no Update 2004 for my laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Still no Update 2004 for my laptop - Similar Threads - Still Update 2004

2. Update 2004 still not fixed for me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 2004 still not fixed for me: Back in july i updated to 2004 and had an absurd amount of issues. Games crashing, apps crashing,BSOD... all sorts of things. I rolled back to 1909 and everything has been fine since. I installed 2004 again today and im having all the same issues(except no BSOD yet). I...
  3. My Asus laptop UX303U still has not updated to Windows 10 2004.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Asus laptop UX303U still has not updated to Windows 10 2004.: As stated in Subject. My desktop machine has already updated to Windows 10 20H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-ux303u-still-has-not-updated-to/4502f604-48c0-4915-bacf-2736b4e03ccf
  4. Still can't update to 2004

Still can't update to 2004: Windows update assistant fails in second boot phase. It's no longer offered to me through the normal Windows Update. Let me know if you need any other info, here's my windowsupdate.log https://we.tl/t-2vxyE1bpeO submitted by /u/ryanvsrobots [link] [comments]...
  5. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?: My Windows Update still tells me: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. As we're in the end of September I was wondering whether I was the only one still waiting for this update....
  6. 2004 still updating on my computer for weeks

2004 still updating on my computer for weeks: First time ever for having an update problem. Downloaded the 2004 on my 64 bit Gateway with no problems at all and fairly quickly also. Downloaded to my 32 bit HP both are desktops and started great but now stuck on the lock screen page with no mouse or keyboard and from...
  7. Feature Update 2004 still not delivered

Feature Update 2004 still not delivered: My wife's computer still did not get Feature Update 2004, but very early on, there was and still is a notice that says once it is ready for your device you will see it here. The computer has no fancy stuff on it, so what can be stopping the delivery? Should we just attempt...
  8. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...
  9. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop: The recent Windows 10 2004 feature update I installed in June 2020 has wrecked my Lenovo laptop. I'm constantly getting blue screens of death, thus making the system inoperable. Apparently this is a common issue. I have lots of programs that I don't want to reinstall, so I...
  10. 2004 update messed up my laptop

2004 update messed up my laptop: I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games. Startup takes more time. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are...