Windows 10: Still Not Responding

Discus and support Still Not Responding in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10, Acer & Dell systems. There are 5 desktop systems in our local network. My system seems to have been affected worse than the others from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kthr33, Jul 25, 2018.

1. kthr33 Win User

Still Not Responding

Windows 10, Acer & Dell systems. There are 5 desktop systems in our local network. My system seems to have been affected worse than the others from Windows 10 updates. The W10 update, 3 updates back was slight, only affected one system and we corrected most of that issue by the next day. Part of that issue still lingers today but we created a workaround. The next update affected the same system and mine in the same way. We fixed that. The next update, the April 2018 update, finally took place on my system May 19th. That update really wreaked havoc on my system. Over the following weeks I was able to fix or develop workarounds for most everything. What's funny is after the April 2018 update, my Office 2016 programs became the slowest openingly programs on my system. Well that's not entirely true. My AutoCAD went from 'Slowest' to 'Excruciatingly Slooooowest!' and it now requires 2 clicks. No matter how many times I click the little window to select MS Word as my default word processing program, it never takes. I have to open Word and browse to the wanted document. No matter how many times I go Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps, I can never set any program as default viewer for my jpegs, and the same for my documents. I have downloaded a 3rd party viewer, open it, and browse to the wanted jpeg. MS Paint will open them also but that is cumbersome. The 3rd party viewer is much more efficient. The 'Not Responding' that started after the April 2018 update still continues today. This is perhaps the most frustrating MStastrophe that still lingers. It damages my customer serviceability and makes my days significantly longer. Fixing that alone would be a huge step. Considering all the above, does Microsoft think Windows 10 is now fixed? Is it time to take my system to a compudoc? Is there a Microsoft news page where this kind of information is available? All suggestions, ideas, comments any wish to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

:)

kthr33, Jul 25, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Still Not Responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 25, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Still Not Responding

Windows 10 : File explorer no responding

We appreciate your time and effort in getting back to us. Sorry for the delay in responding

Are you still facing the issue?

Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the keyboard.
    • Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to access the Command Prompt, type cmd and press Enter. Run the following command.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.

• Click Update and Recovery

• Check for updates under Windows Updates.
    Let us know the status if the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Still Not Responding

1. Still Not Responding - Similar Threads - Still Responding

2. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  3. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  4. Windows Still Running but Doesn't Respond to Inputs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Still Running but Doesn't Respond to Inputs: Within the last week I've started getting some strange behavior from my PC. I'll first notice it when my web browser will stop loading things properly, like a twitch stream, and when I refresh it'll load the stream again for about a second then just buffer. When this happens...
  5. Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...: I did sfc /scannow as i saw from previous thread, Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  6. Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions

in Cortana
    Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions: So when I say "Hey Cortana" or click the little Cortana icon, she pops up. As I am asking her a question, I can see the words across the bottom of the screen so obviously she hears me. After that, the little circle icon will either spin for a few minutes and close, or she'll...
  7. Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...: Please help, its been happening quite often and its really fustrating. The entire system locks up and stays with a spinning blue circle after a while. The keyboard doesnt respond either so I cant bring up the task manager but even if I do I cant click on anything and always...
  8. cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that"

in Cortana
    cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that": when asking her to set a reminder or look something up, my words show up at the bottom as I speak them and the circle spins for a bit, then she says "I'm sorry, I didn't get that" as if my microphone wasn't working or something. if I ask her something like "oh, how are you...
  9. Community Responder Still Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Community Responder Still Crashing: Hello peoples, The responder is still crashing on both android and Windows 10 any time I try to open it. Any idea's on what to do next would be really great. thank you :)...
  10. Still Receiving Page's 'Not Responding' While Trying To Load

in Browsers and Email
    Still Receiving Page's 'Not Responding' While Trying To Load: Hi All, Are other member's in here also still receiving the now famous 'Not Responding' when Edge tries to load web page's ?? If Microsoft wants more user's to use their browser, they need to hurry up and fix this bug. David *Sad Edit: I guess since nobody replied to...