Windows 10: Still on Winver 1909

Discus and support Still on Winver 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Shouldn't it have updated by now? - - - Updated - - - OS Build 18363.959 161520 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by woldsweather, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Still on Winver 1909

Shouldn't it have updated by now?

- - - Updated - - -

OS Build 18363.959

:)

woldsweather, Jul 28, 2020

2. WINVER Windows 10.586.3

Hi Rickie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

It is the license agreement which is agreed by users that they use Microsoft product. For more information I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R”.

• Type “winver”.

• You will get the pop up screen about the Windows 10 license, there I suggest you to click on
      “Microsoft software license terms” and go through the policy terms and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 28, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Still on Winver 1909

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Still on Winver 1909

1. Still on Winver 1909 - Similar Threads - Still Winver 1909

2. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  3. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  4. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Winver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  6. Winver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  7. Winver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Winver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winver: Hi, I upgraded 3 PC's to 2004 19041.264. When I go to Winver, 2 of them say (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation and 1 of them says (C) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. I'm not bothered about fixing it. I just find it weird considering 2004 was released in 2020. All 3 PC's were...
  9. Have you used the latest RS5, winver 1909 OS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have you used the latest RS5, winver 1909 OS?: Have you used the latest RS5, winver 1909 OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-os/6e03e280-db34-4c80-9059-3d6f94750e10
  10. WinVer

in Windows 10 Support
    WinVer: What is the new WinVer I am not sure mine is right Thanks [img] 50139