still possible to d/l build 10240 install.esd?

Discus and support still possible to d/l build 10240 install.esd? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When not in Insider program, used .iso downloaded from Insider site to clean-install 10162, which greys out Get Insider builds box. Just joined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RumHound, Jul 18, 2015.

1. RumHound Win User

When not in Insider program, used .iso downloaded from Insider site to clean-install 10162, which greys out Get Insider builds box.

Just joined program, which is currently not onboarding any new PCs. If I clean install 10130, would that allow my using my Insider account to set Windows Update to download the install.esd for 10240? Any other suggestions?

:)

RumHound, Jul 18, 2015
  2. BillL1230 Win User

Windows 10 November update

I used the Media Creation Tool to 'upgrade' my 10240 build to the November update.

BUT> after the 'upgrade' finished 10240was still the default Win 10.

I found out later that the November update(build 1150) was put on the partition that had the previuos version of the Insider Build(10567 I think).

Now I have the 10240 July Release on the boot partition, and the November Update(release?) on the Insider Build partition.

Any clue as to wht that happened?

And will it still be possible to update the 10240 July Release build on the boot partition to the November Update(1150)?

Or am I just SOL???

BillL1230, Jul 18, 2015
  3. roberto79---01 Win User
    Direct map download

Hi there,

Iis it somehow possible to download all the maps for OVI (that you can D/L through OVI maps) in one package? It takes century to D/L it from OVI.

roberto79---01, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

You can't clean install and activate as the activation servers for Win 10 were taken offline until the 29th.

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    According to this you can't activate any build of WIn10 right now:
    All pre-release Windows 10 Insider Preview product keys have been deactivated as July 29th nears

BunnyJ, Jul 18, 2015
  6. Vladimir Win User
    My guess...

If your machine already had a previous insider build activated I guess that Microsoft keeps the hardware hash of the computer, so technically it's possible that your machine will be activated after a clean install.

It would explain the fact that some people are clean installing build 10240 and having it activated automatically. Just a guess anyway!

*Smile

Vladimir, Jul 19, 2015
  7. Krelian Win User
    I installed windows 10 a while ago on this same pc, then the latest build 10136 and had to uninstall due to some hardware compatibility with sound, which is supposed to be fixed now, do you think i should risk and install it?

Krelian, Jul 19, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

9. Vladimir Win User
    If you have a non-production system to test... it wouldn't hurt !

*Smile

Vladimir, Jul 19, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I wouldn't worry too much about the Non activation of build 10240 -- the main disadvantage is that without activation you can't "Personalize" your system.

I'm sure activation will come back on stream soon. There could also be another build for "Insiders" before 29 Jul.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. still possible to d/l build 10240 install.esd? - Similar Threads - still possible build

2. Create a partition before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a partition before installing Windows 10?: I always created a partition on a wiped drive before installing Windows Vista, 7, or 8/8.1, because otherwise an extra partition was created. Now I'm going to install Windows 10 on a wiped drive. Is it best to create a partition before installing or allow Windows to manage...
  3. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....
  4. 0x80073CF9 couldn't install. we'll retry shortly. state of decay 2 and gears of war 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073CF9 couldn't install. we'll retry shortly. state of decay 2 and gears of war 4: I can download anything else from microsoft store, but xbox games pass games stopped working after I reinstalled windows three days ago I can press retry and it downloads a little for about 20 seconds then does it again, so maybe if I sat here all day and kept clicking it...
  5. BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug: Win10 Pro Completed all updates last night - no issues Woke machine this early afternoon and had a BSOD but missed reading complete details (may have said driver issue) Rebooted ok and found that I had no sound Rebooted again and still n/g Troubleshooter was n/g Restored...
  6. Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install: I've Windows 10, version 1803 build 17134.228 and problems installing Media Feature Pack. I believe I selected the right Media Feature Pack (for 1803 64bits) but during install I receive the message: "this version is not for your computer" the KB3099229_x64.msu has been...
  7. Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error: So after a few hours of windows reinstalling, it was time to pick a language, keyboard language aswell as my timezone, which I did however I got this “explor.exe application error” which automatically closed itself after around 2 seconds and which then my pc restarted, after...
  8. Problem with Build 17733.rs5_release.180803

Problem with Build 17733.rs5_release.180803: Hi, I`m an Windows Insider and after the latest update my laptop is not working like before. Can`t open Settings or Windows Update, start is not working, search also not working. I also tried to reset my Windows but there is no option when I select Troubleshooting after...
  9. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...
  10. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....