Windows 10: Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

Discus and support Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to set up my laptop to dual boot have Windows 7 already on it and I have the key. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO went through the install, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/snoozer854, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

I want to set up my laptop to dual boot have Windows 7 already on it and I have the key. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO went through the install, but it won't accept my Windows 7 product key. I know the free upgrade offer is long past, but have seen websites that say it is still working, but it's not working for me. Am I out of luck or doing something wrong?

submitted by /u/snoozer854
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/snoozer854, Nov 11, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 11, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

windows 10 key

Yea, and with the new release it will upgrade with just the key........Done that with win 7, 8, and 8.1

stinger608, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

1. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key? - Similar Threads - Still possible upgrade

2. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  3. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade to win10 using windows 7 key on another pc. is it possible and not ilegal

Upgrade to win10 using windows 7 key on another pc. is it possible and not ilegal: Upgrade to win10 using windows 7 key on another pc. is it possible and not ilegal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win10-using-windows-7-key-on-another-pc/ba44990d-4ace-45d0-ae4e-b8b24223847f
  6. Upgrade to win10 using windows 7 key on another pc. is it possible and not ilegal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to win10 using windows 7 key on another pc. is it possible and not ilegal: Upgrade to win10 using windows 7 key on another pc. is it possible and not ilegal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win10-using-windows-7-key-on-another-pc/ba44990d-4ace-45d0-ae4e-b8b24223847f
  7. Upgrade to win10 using windows 7 key on another pc. is it possible and not ilegal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?: I bought an win 7 pro key several year ago. I used it and upgraded it later on my old PC to win 10 and used it without any problem. Now I bought a new pc. I tried using me win 7 key to install win 10 but it won't work. When I upgraded it on the old one it didn't even asked...
  9. Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?: I started with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit then upgraded to Ultimate some time ago however it's getting slower so would like to upgrade to Win 10. I know the free upgrade offer expired some time ago so wondering if it's still possible ? Not a techie.... 122701
  10. Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys: In spite of the official end of the free Windows 10 update offer on July 29, it seems any valid Windows 7/8.x retail product key still installs Windows 10 for now. Yes, Microsoft officials insisted and insisted again that after July 29 at 11:59 p.m. UTC, the free Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will it still be possible to upgrade a windows 7 computer tomorrow?