Windows 10: Still Problems with Creating a Installation USB Drive for Windows 1903

Discus and support Still Problems with Creating a Installation USB Drive for Windows 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One cannot download the Media Creation Tool for 1903 to make an installation for another computer. You go through the 2 hour routine only to receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BHF1, Jun 10, 2019.

1. BHF1 Win User

Still Problems with Creating a Installation USB Drive for Windows 1903

One cannot download the Media Creation Tool for 1903 to make an installation for another computer. You go through the 2 hour routine only to receive that message that it cannot be done because to a USB. Windows said that they had fixed the problem with Update KB4497935 which is installed on my computer, What is the problem? I an trying to add 1903 to a recently purchased machine that has a new Hard Drive, with no active operating system. Are there any work arounds to this problem? Thank you for your assistance - Bruce

:)

2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Its weird tho cause I have no problem with installing from disc. I did change it back to boot from HDD. I really dont want to uninstall all my components, kinds defeats the purpose of installing from usb. it would take longer to disconnect and reconnect after install then it would to just install from dvd.

Do you think its beacuse the drive was formated in ntfs, thats the only step I did different from the OP. Well that and the bootsect /nt60 command before coping files.

heres they way I went, probly have to try it fat32

launch diskpart.exe)
    select disk 1 (or your USB drive number, use list disk to get it)
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition=1
    active
    format fs=ntfs
    assign
    exit

Now that the drive is boot aware, we have to initialize its boot sector with the Windows boot manager (BOOTMGR), using the Bootsect.exe utility located in the boot directory of the Vista installation DVD. We have to tell the utility that our target drive is NTFS formatted:

bootsect.exe /nt60 f:

ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Still Problems with Creating a Installation USB Drive for Windows 1903 - Similar Threads - Still Problems Creating

2. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  3. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  4. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem in creating usb recovery drive

Problem in creating usb recovery drive: I am not able to create the recovery drive on my PC running Windows 10, through the preinstalled recovery drive tool. Each time it gives me a failure message after 10-15 minutes of working. How can I create the usb recovery drive now? Someone please help. Thanks...
  6. Creating a Recovery Drive in 1903?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a Recovery Drive in 1903?: Prompted by a recent thread... Fail to reload from recovery drive after erasing C: ...I thought I'd create a Recovery Drive usb to aid investigation. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Has anyone else tried making a recovery drive usb with the 'include system files'...
  7. Creating a Recovery Drive in 1903?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a Recovery Drive in 1903?: Prompted by a recent thread... Fail to reload from recovery drive after erasing C: ...I thought I'd create a Recovery Drive usb to aid investigation. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Has anyone else tried making a recovery drive usb with the 'include system files'...
  8. to fix problem tried to create Installation media on USB drive

to fix problem tried to create Installation media on USB drive: To fix the upgrade problem I followed suggestion 2 on this track only to find that on the second laptop I fail to get a Windows 10 Installation media drive made on my Lenovo ideapad 110 running well on Windows 10. I get when almost finished the error UNABLE TO RUN THIS TOOL...
  9. Recommended USB Drives for creating a Windows Install Drive

Recommended USB Drives for creating a Windows Install Drive: Are there any specific recommended USB sticks (jump drives/flash drives, etc). I am looking fir Brands/Models. When I was troubleshooting a Kingston Data Traveler II (the older silver slim ones that are USB 2.0), It took forever to get it correct. I know SanDisk also has many...
  10. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?: Good morning, Prior to beginning I am making this post to ask a few questions concerning Brinks' tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create 1903 usb