Windows 10: Still receiving Xbox achievement notifications on PC with settings turned off

Discus and support Still receiving Xbox achievement notifications on PC with settings turned off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! The past few days I’ve been experiencing a very odd situation. My wife uses my PC, and I don’t want notifications popping up on it regarding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dragamaroon, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Still receiving Xbox achievement notifications on PC with settings turned off

Hello!

The past few days I’ve been experiencing a very odd situation. My wife uses my PC, and I don’t want notifications popping up on it regarding achievements I’m getting on Xbox. I’ve turned off notifications completely, and also turned off the game bar. We no longer get pop-ups regarding the achievements, just the notification sound. It happens without fail anytime I get an achievement, and really need it to stop. Again, it’s just the sound, no pop-up.

Thanks!

:)

Dragamaroon, Nov 11, 2020

2. Not receiving any Xbox achievements playing games on Windows 10 Redstone builds.

Ever since I upgraded to Redstone builds, 14XXX I stopped receiving any Xbox achievements while playing games on my PC. They work and I can obtain them fine on the Xbox One but when I play a Windows Store game, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Microsoft Solitaire
    Collection, Oxenfree or any other game. I get absolutely no achievements including not only locked one, but anything as simple as even kill counters, etc.

For example, I just played Microsoft Solitaire on my PC with build 14316 and one of the simplest achievements to get is "First One's Free" where you basically just have to turn over your first card. Since I was using this game as a "test" I turned over
    my first card and nothing. No achievement notification popped up, nothing showed up in the Xbox app.

So, figuring now that since NO games are getting achievements it might be related to the Redstone builds as that is the about the timeframe when they all stopped by received, i.e. for me very early February. I then installed the Microsoft Solitaire game
    on a VM of build 10586.164 and upon logging into Xbox Live and playing my first game, no sooner did I turn over my first card, I got the action center notification that I received the "First One's Free" achievement but the achievement showed up in the Xbox
    app too.

I had contacted Xbox support and they said nothing was wrong with my account, so it has to do with something in the Redstone builds.

Anyone else seen this type of behavior?

awesmdiver, Nov 11, 2020
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Kevin L. Win User

Still receiving Xbox achievement notifications on PC with settings turned off

achievments on xbox live, omnia7.

Hello aidyhughes,

Getting a timestamp on Xbox Live achievements for games on the actual Xbox are completely dependant upon you being connected to Xbox Live at the time the achievment is obtained. You can earn achievements while offline, and the points will go on your gamerscore.
    But, you will have to login to Xbox Live, or log on to Xbox.com to update your newest achievments. The date and time that achievements were obtained will not be displayed.

If you have not logged in to Xbox live on your console, or onto xbox.com in some time, I would suggest to do so to make sure that your acheivements are up to date.

Kevin L., Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Still receiving Xbox achievement notifications on PC with settings turned off

1. Still receiving Xbox achievement notifications on PC with settings turned off - Similar Threads - Still receiving Xbox

2. Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up: Any idea how to disable this absurd 'welcome' screen in win 10? It's holding up the desktop load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-notifications-in-settings-but-still/46a2ccf5-260e-4077-bb91-857c45d290d9
  3. Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up: Any idea how to disable this absurd 'welcome' screen in win 10? It's holding up the desktop load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-notifications-in-settings-but-still/46a2ccf5-260e-4077-bb91-857c45d290d9
  4. Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.: I am receiving Lock-Screen Notifications of a Media Player playing a random video. I don't which browser is doing this, but a random video is shown every time I open my system form the lock screen.Some things I found out: 1. Random Videos are YouTube Videos but from channels...
  6. Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.

Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.: I am receiving Lock-Screen Notifications of a Media Player playing a random video. I don't which browser is doing this, but a random video is shown every time I open my system form the lock screen.Some things I found out: 1. Random Videos are YouTube Videos but from channels...
  7. Achievement Notification not Showing but there is still Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Achievement Notification not Showing but there is still Audio: HiI ran into a problem recently where the little notification popup for achievements randomly stopped showing. Normally when I get an achievement, there will be a Console Companion notification that pops up in the bottom right of my monitor screen on Windows along with the...
  8. Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions: The registry keys for each of the notifications in the above settings page are located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned. Each notification adds a separate string value for the notification. Turning the notification off deletes the key. The notifications...
  9. Xbox and PC Achievements

Xbox and PC Achievements: So I use the Windows 10 Xbox app so I can play with my friends on Xbox. When I am in the Xbox app and I go to the achievements page I see Sea of Thieves. Currently I mainly use Steam. When I go to my account on the website my Steam games show up. Do my Steam games show up on...
  10. Random Achievement Notifications.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Achievement Notifications.: This is weird. I just received a few random achievements on my computer, and I wasn't doing anything to earn them. I was playing my PS4 at the time, and they popped out of nowhere. Every time I clicked on them to see which game they were coming from, Project Spark kept...