Windows 10: Still trying to figure out how to improve my desktop resolution

Discus and support Still trying to figure out how to improve my desktop resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; As my title indicates I'm trying to figure out how to set the resolution In Windows 10 so that I can see my desktop better. When I go to settings>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Eaglepi, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Still trying to figure out how to improve my desktop resolution

As my title indicates I'm trying to figure out how to set the resolution In Windows 10 so that I can see my desktop better.

When I go to settings> System> Display and choose a different resolution my desktop is not feeling all of my monitor as you can see in the picture. I'm trying to make things bigger so I can see them better but when I try to adjust my resolution it's not working for me. When I say it's not working for me I'm not saying it doesn't change the resolution it just presents another problem and that's where my desktop doesn't fill out my whole computer screen.

If anyone knows of a way to solve this issue I would appreciate the help. I'll attach a screenshot and you can see on the left side since I have a dual monitor system you can see what it does when I try to change the resolution. On the right side if you look at the resolution settings you can see which resolution I tried setting it to.

Thanks in advance

:)

Eaglepi, Jul 10, 2020
  2. g41851 Win User

How to figure out the best gaming resolution

I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%.

I have seen different suggestions online, the most common seems to be 1920x1080, and I'm wondering how these are worked out?

I'm just a very casual gamer, but would still like to get the best quality picture.

g41851, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 10, 2020
  4. ChrisR90 Win User

errorr invalid Desktop resolution 0x0

I have the same issue, it started right after installing the Windows 10 Creator's Update.

Here is how I fixed it:

• Right-click the desktop, left click "Display Settings"
    • Write down what your current resolution is (1920 x 1080 in my case), then change it to 800 x 600 and click "Keep Changes"
    • Start Hoyle
    • Exit Hoyle
    • Right-click the desktop, left click "Display Settings"
    • Change the resolution from 800 x 600 back to what you wrote down in step 2) and click "Keep Changes"
    • Start Hoyle again and it should still work
    Hoyle now works under the original resolution of 1920 x 1080 for me so this appears to be some glitch with the Windows 10 Creators Update fixed by changing the resolution and changing it back.

ChrisR90, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Still trying to figure out how to improve my desktop resolution - Similar Threads - Still trying figure

2. I can't figure out how to transfer my phone pictures to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't figure out how to transfer my phone pictures to my desktop: I've been trying to figure out how to transfer my Iphone pictures to my desktop and I just can't figure it out. I see statement that says hit the start button and then access photos and then hit import. I don't see a photos option when I type photos in the start box? I don't...
  3. I can't figure out how to transfer my phone pictures to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't figure out how to transfer my phone pictures to my desktop: I've been trying to figure out how to transfer my Iphone pictures to my desktop and I just can't figure it out. I see statement that says hit the start button and then access photos and then hit import. I don't see a photos option when I type photos in the start box? I don't...
  4. Trying to figure out why my Windows update stopped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to figure out why my Windows update stopped: Run the Windows update and stuck at the middle of the process. It took 2 hours for 60 percent then stuck from there after restarting the computer by force I saw an error code 0x8024A002...
  5. Trying to figure out the mess of my partitions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to figure out the mess of my partitions: Hi all, Can you help me understand why my Boot partition is on my SSD but my System partition is on a random 2TB internal drive? I think I want both on my SSD. And now that I'm trying to upgrade my non-SSD internal drives, this is becoming an issue. Can I fix this without...
  6. Trying to figure out how badly I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to figure out how badly I messed up: [ATTACH] Hard to TL;DR this. I recently swapped the HDD on my other laptop with an SSD, and now I'm using that HDD as a backup hard drive. I plugged it into my main laptop (in an external enclosure), and was planning to delete all the folders and files that weren't...
  7. How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...

How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvsr3e/how_do_i_figure_this_out_ive_read_the_sidebar_and/
  8. How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...

How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs8kn/how_do_i_figure_this_out_ive_read_the_sidebar_and/
  9. my screen resolution adjuster appears to be locked. i cant figure out how to unlock it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my screen resolution adjuster appears to be locked. i cant figure out how to unlock it.: a photo for possibly needed reference [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-resolution-adjuster-appears-to-be-locked/a3f933a3-0a2a-4e8b-8bfe-66bd1d142cbe
  10. How to figure out the best gaming resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to figure out the best gaming resolution: I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%. I have seen different suggestions online, the most common seems to be 1920x1080, and I'm wondering how these are worked out? I'm just a very casual gamer, but would still like...