Windows 10: Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix

Discus and support Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I posted in another thread a problem I am having with the Windows App Store and many Windows Store apps crashing as soon as they are opened, and when... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bkspero, Aug 30, 2020.

1. bkspero Win User

Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix

I posted in another thread a problem I am having with the Windows App Store and many Windows Store apps crashing as soon as they are opened, and when trying certain fixes getting an error that the fix didn't work because there was a Malformed Database. I didn't get any responses to that question, so I continue to pursue fixes. This one, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...image-is/a08ae8a1-20b3-4491-82a6-8c1e04ca3e15 looks like a possibility, but I am having trouble with the wildcard syntax and could use some guidance there.

In an Administrator CMD window in the correct folder when I run the instructed command: "dir StateRespository-*" I get a "file not found" response. Yet when I run a simple "dir" command in that same folder I get a long list of files including the StateRepository- files listed below.

08/30/2020 07:19 AM 6,291,456 StateRepository-Deployment.srd

08/30/2020 08:11 AM 32,768 StateRepository-Deployment.srd-shm

08/30/2020 07:19 AM 0 StateRepository-Deployment.srd-wal

08/29/2020 04:52 PM 6,291,456 StateRepository-Machine.srd

08/30/2020 08:06 AM 32,768 StateRepository-Machine.srd-shm

08/29/2020 04:55 PM 0 StateRepository-Machine.srd-wal

If I run "dir StateRepository-Deployment.*", I get the expected list of the first 3 from above. And if I run "dir StateRepository-Machine.*", I get the expected list of the last 3 from above. But I can't get them all to list as the instructions from the link above indicate using any * configurations.

Since I don't fully understand what I am doing with many of the commands I am afraid to deviate from the instructions without guidance. So, my questions:

1 How can I change the recommended command: dir StateRepository-* so that it works to reference the full list of those files in this directory and presumably reference the full list of those files in subsequent commands in the instructions?

2 If I can't do what the instructions call for originally in #1 above using StateRepository-*, may I execute the subsequent commands in the instructions in 2 groups using StateRepository-Deployment.* and StateRepository-Machine.* in place of a single group using StateRepository-*? This way, it looks like I would still be able to delete the StateRepository files, but do it in 2 groups instead of 1.

3 Will doing this screw up my computer more than it is already?

By the way, I tried doing a windows reinstall keeping files and apps, and it did not fix things.

:)

bkspero, Aug 30, 2020

2. Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed

Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed
    The database disk image is malformed
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-AppxPackage
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Exception,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetAppxPackageCommand

After the latest update to Windows 10 I ended up with no start menu (StartMenuExperienceHost was crashing, probably due to a corrupt tile database) and all the options to fix it involved using Get-AppxPackage commands to reinstall the start menu and cortana
    packages. I couldn't do that because of the above error. Out of options, I took the only remaining available suggestion and did a full in-place reinstall/refresh. This fixed the start menu, but did not fix the Appx database. I still cannot run Appx Powershell
    commands and nothing connected to the Store works. Attempting to install an app from the store fails, and none of my store apps are present. How can I repair this database? I am very technical and am willing to do surgery on my user profile and system appx
    databases if anyone knows where those are stored.

Beach Trash, Aug 30, 2020
  3. How to FIX Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

I have trying Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add

-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} in powershell. Then output is

Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*S ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Exception,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetAppxPackageCommand

How to fix it?

CahyaChaqiqi, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix

Malformed PowerShell command Get-AppXPackage error

I have tried all of the suggested corrections for a start menu that is not working. The last command in the most reasonable suggestion uses as it's last two statements PowerShell and the one listed below. I have tried
    this command several times, making sure there are no typing errors and every time I get the Error message below. Is there any way to repair the database disk image which is indicated as "malformed"?

========================================================================================

S C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add

>>> -AppxPackage -DesableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*S ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo
    : NotSpecified: Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Syste

Jo B.Taylor, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix

1. Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix - Similar Threads - Still trying fix

2. You will need a app to open Microsoft store - FIX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You will need a app to open Microsoft store - FIX: 1. Open powershell as administrator.2. Type or paste the command below and click enter Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}...
  3. You will need a app to open Microsoft store - FIX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You will need a app to open Microsoft store - FIX: 1. Open powershell as administrator.2. Type or paste the command below and click enter Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}...
  4. Windows 10 - Windows Store/Website Not Showing Owned Apps Performed Recommended Fixes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 - Windows Store/Website Not Showing Owned Apps Performed Recommended Fixes: Problem: I have recently tried accessing all of the owned apps, movies, media, etc. that I have been getting from the Windows Store and www.microsoft.com. I have purchased a few items, installed free apps and uninstalled some of them, and fairly often have found find...
  5. Need help fixing/reinstalling windows store Crashes on start

Need help fixing/reinstalling windows store Crashes on start: I had disabled/uninstalled the windows store a while ago using the powershell command in order to do something and when I tried to use the powershell command to reinstall/enable it it's throwing up a bunch of errors and now when I try to open it it'll pop up for a quarter of...
  6. apps that aren't in the app store are not downloading and I need help fixing it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    apps that aren't in the app store are not downloading and I need help fixing it: How do I download apps that are not in the app store? So I saw that my version of zoom was a bit outdated and I wanted to download a newer one, so when I went to the download page and clicked the download button, and when It finished I opened it and it said: "The app you're...
  7. Need help on fixing some issues with updating and the store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help on fixing some issues with updating and the store: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/sdsn9ad17kp41.png?width=1923&format=png&auto=webp&s=847ef3bef449a1dc6a5d420a5dd6f5f10ede7795 So a few days ago I opened Minecraft and it wasn't loading, tried closing and opening it again numerous times but that didn't seem to fix it. So...
  8. Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed

Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed: Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed The database disk image is malformed At line:1 char:1 + Get-AppxPackage + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId :...
  9. [help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed

[help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed: Hi guys, so basically I've ran into an issue with the app store where it will not let me install a game even though it is not installed anymore, it still show the game as installed... it's actually more than one game but it started with gears of war 4, may update had...
  10. Recommended DVD creator app - help needed.

Recommended DVD creator app - help needed.: Hi everyone hope this is in the right section? Try as I might, I cannot transfer the content of a USB stick to a DVD. Contents are a photo slideshow (with music) - this is approx 2.7 GB MP4 The end result is... The 'finished' DVD will play on my computer. The disk is...