Windows 10: Still unable to activate Windows 10 Home with valid Windows 10 Home activation key

Discus and support Still unable to activate Windows 10 Home with valid Windows 10 Home activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Unfortunately I mistakenly installed Windows 10 Home Single Language by mistake, thinking that it would skip the language setup phase. So, how can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AaronLowe2, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Still unable to activate Windows 10 Home with valid Windows 10 Home activation key

Unfortunately I mistakenly installed Windows 10 Home Single Language by mistake, thinking that it would skip the language setup phase.

So, how can I get a dedicated Windows 10 Home installer that won't try to install Windows 10 Home Single Language? The one I'm trying to use at the moment is: MediaCreationTool1809.exe

But this keeps insisting on installing Windows 10 Home Single Language. How can I force it to install Windows 10 Home?

I followed some instructions given to apply an ei.cfg file to try and force the installer to installer the correct version of Windows, but that method didn't work, so I'm back to square one after 4 days of trying to install Windows 10.

Surely there must be some old installer I can download, pre 1809 that can later be updated. Running out of options here.

:)

AaronLowe2, Feb 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Feb 23, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Still unable to activate Windows 10 Home with valid Windows 10 Home activation key

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Like Pill Monster said no more Windows 10 keys for Insiders. It was on Microsoft Blog they said that all that stuff is tied to one machine. You can upgrade anytime but never make a clean install. Those people who upgraded from 7 or 8.1 to 10 can do a clean install of RTM and post-RTM builds. A friend of mine upgraded from RTM to 10533 or whatever the latest post-RTM build is (and it activated just fine).

After all MS isn't stupid to give Windows 10 for free.

Drone, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Still unable to activate Windows 10 Home with valid Windows 10 Home activation key

1. Still unable to activate Windows 10 Home with valid Windows 10 Home activation key - Similar Threads - Still unable activate

2. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 home activation key: Hi. I have a windows 10 home single language that was upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now, it gives me a warning that my license is going to expire soon. Trying to enter my activation key from windows 10 home but is not working. The product key is built-in from the unit...
  3. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home activation key: Hi. I have a windows 10 home single language that was upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now, it gives me a warning that my license is going to expire soon. Trying to enter my activation key from windows 10 home but is not working. The product key is built-in from the unit...
  4. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 home activation key

windows 10 home activation key: Hi, my pc's laptop always say's "activate windows" although windows comes with the pc. when i press "trouble shoot" it says "something interrupted our troubleshooting". I've been trying this for 2 weeks now. i'm very confused pls help : it might be a virusRegards,Tobe sorry...
  6. windows 10 home activation key

windows 10 home activation key: I have created an ISO with the windows media tool and installed windows 10 home on a new pc I built. Now I want to activate it. Every time I try I get no servers available try again later. Can I just download an activation key from any pc and pay for it online at the MS Store...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 Home.

Unable to activate Windows 10 Home.: Whenever I try to activate Windows 10 Home, it doesn't allow me. I am thinking that it is my because of my Product ID. I will provide pictures below.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...
  9. windows 10 home product key activation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 home product key activation: Hi , If I am activating windows product key in my preinstalled windows 10. Is it hamper my application s/w? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-product-key-activation/12c63e34-b7c3-4b25-9fb2-629314bf290a"
  10. Windows 10 Home unable to activate, why?

Windows 10 Home unable to activate, why?: Ok, So I bought a custom built pc with windows 10 home pre installed. When I got it all set up and running it asked me to activate windows. I scratched off the silver film of the product sticker to reveal the 25 digit key. I’ve put in the key and now I have a message that...