Windows 10: Still waiting for the 2004 update

Discus and support Still waiting for the 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan2012UR, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Dan2012UR Win User

Still waiting for the 2004 update

Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page."

Has Microsoft provided more specific information for its rollout time frame?

My HP desktop platform is Windows home running build 18363. My processor is an AMD A8-07410, AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 2200 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 logical processors. My bios mode is UEFI. The bios version is F.45 updated in June, 2019. I'm providing this info should it have a bearing.

Many thanks, Dan

:)

Dan2012UR, Jul 13, 2020

2. updates still waiting to install from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What do you mean by the statement updates are waiting to occur?
    • Aren't you able to see the downloads/updates?
    • Isn't the updates getting installed on your computer?

Nevertheless, I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if these helps.
    Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooting’, and press
      enter.
    • Click on ‘System and Security' and select
      ‘Windows Update' then click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Serious Updates Question

When you install a Feature Update, all Windows Updates since the release will be installed as well.

The installer tells you it's doing so.

At this time, there are multiple issues with Windows 10 2004.

I would suggest waiting a while, until the "list" gets shorter.

OldNavyGuy, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Still waiting for the 2004 update

1. Still waiting for the 2004 update - Similar Threads - Still waiting 2004

2. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  3. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  4. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still waiting ??

Still waiting ??: Hello --- I have a laptop that is just a few years old and as of this post, it is still waiting for win 10 / build 2004 --- my other computers that are much older, already have the 20H2 build applied --- what could be holding this up? what could be the down-side of...
  6. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?: My Windows Update still tells me: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. As we're in the end of September I was wondering whether I was the only one still waiting for this update....
  7. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  8. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Support
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  9. Still waiting for the Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still waiting for the Anniversary update: Hi, After multiple unsuccessful attempts to install the Anniversary update (including from an ISO file), Windows Update has now stopped proposing this update. It continues to regularly update version 1511 (e.g. I got a Flash Player update yesterday) but nothing related to...
  10. Still waiting for the update

Still waiting for the update: Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive that upgrade. How long do I still have to wait ? Thanks... 17371