Windows 10: Still waiting for the Anniversary update

Discus and support Still waiting for the Anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; More or less 'fixed' Woody sez - Windows 10 Forums - maybe! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Samoreen, Oct 30, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Still waiting for the Anniversary update

dalchina, Oct 31, 2016
  2. MartinO Win User

Different story, though. The OP originally claimed he didn't get the update in the first place, hence my response(s). Then he became more specific with the actual error. Now on page 2 of this thread, I still don't know whether or not he's tried to install the latest CU directly, which might solve all of his problems. The article you're referencing seems to confirm that.

MartinO, Nov 1, 2016
  3. EdTittel Win User
    FWIW, I concur: Woody is usually a no-BS, completely reliable source of Windows info and insight. Why I posted that link...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 1, 2016
  4. Samoreen Win User

Excuse my ignorance but (as a foreigner) I'm not familiar with all these acronyms : what is actually a CU ?

I have tried all possible ways to install the anniversary upgrade (Windows Update and by using the ISO file) with exception of a clean install which is not an option for me at this time. Installing from the CD created with the ISO file also failed but additionally, a lot of system settings had been reset and I spent a lot of time getting everything right again. So I'm reluctant to try again.

I tried all (at least most of) the fixes that are suggested in various forums and on the Microsoft sites, to no avail. Now, Windows Update no longer offers the Anniversary upgrade and I'm trying to understand why and I'm also trying to find information about the mentioned error code (but nobody seems to be clear about what it means).

Samoreen, Nov 1, 2016
  5. MartinO Win User
    Hey, aren't we all... I am a Euro expat myself, and english is not my mother tongue. CU=Cumulative Update. Meaning it includes and supersedes all previous updates.

GO CUBS!!!!!

MartinO, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Still waiting for the Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Still waiting Anniversary

2. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  3. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  4. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still waiting ??

Still waiting ??: Hello --- I have a laptop that is just a few years old and as of this post, it is still waiting for win 10 / build 2004 --- my other computers that are much older, already have the 20H2 build applied --- what could be holding this up? what could be the down-side of...
  6. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?: My Windows Update still tells me: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. As we're in the end of September I was wondering whether I was the only one still waiting for this update....
  7. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...
  8. Anniversary update still not received

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update still not received: I still haven't received the automatic Anniversary update. If I download the update from support.microsoft, it always stops around 70 % with the notification "page fault in nonpaged area", and system returns to version 1511. What can I do ? Because I can't install it, I'm...
  9. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  10. Still waiting for the update

Still waiting for the update: Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive that upgrade. How long do I still have to wait ? Thanks... 17371