Windows 10: stolen computer and locking out

Discus and support stolen computer and locking out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If a computer with the latest update of Windows 10 is stolen, how safe is the information on it if, the computer a. requires a pin code to open?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 3bob, Dec 17, 2018.

1. 3bob Win User

stolen computer and locking out

If a computer with the latest update of Windows 10 is stolen, how safe is the information on it if, the computer

a. requires a pin code to open?

b.Microsoft account password is changed after the event?

Does 'b' prevent Windows from opening?

Also, what happens if I remove the device from my microsoft account? IS this the best thing to do?

Any additional advice is welcome, thnx

:)

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Dec 17, 2018
  3. kadwe Win User
    How to lock stolen mobile?

My 9300 is stolen. I want to lock the handset. I have the handset code#. How can I lock the mobile handset?

kadwe, Dec 17, 2018
  4. stolen computer and locking out

LOCKING STOLEN LAP TOP

My laptop has been stolen. Find my device registers it at a location and time used by me. Therefore it hasn't been connected online since. I have tried to lock it but the message is 'off-line, please try later'

Will my 'lock' command queue and activate next time the computer goes on line or do I have to catch it with a fresh command?

JohnO'Farrell, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

stolen computer and locking out

1. stolen computer and locking out - Similar Threads - stolen computer locking

2. phone stolen, email hijacked, locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone stolen, email hijacked, locked out of my computer: Recently my phone was stolen and the person gained access to all my sensitive data including my emailthey added their own 2 step auth code and now I have no way to get it back, on top of that they've locked my computer linked to my email account out completely. I have no...
  3. phone stolen, email hijacked, locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone stolen, email hijacked, locked out of my computer: Recently my phone was stolen and the person gained access to all my sensitive data including my emailthey added their own 2 step auth code and now I have no way to get it back, on top of that they've locked my computer linked to my email account out completely. I have no...
  4. Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out of Computer: Good Morning. I was supposed to reset my password but forgot to. When I tried to change the password on the sign-in screen, I realized I forgot my pin. Now I don't remember my pin, and that's the only way to access my account. Can someone please help? Microsoft customer...
  5. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer: I was playing a game and would every now and then hear the windows disconnect and reconnect noise. Then soon after my keyboard stopped working. The LEDs themselves worked aswell as the LED changer key but that was it. Went and bought a new keyboard and still nothing. Thought...
  6. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locked out of computer: I was playing a game and would every now and then hear the windows disconnect and reconnect noise. Then soon after my keyboard stopped working. The LEDs themselves worked aswell as the LED changer key but that was it. Went and bought a new keyboard and still nothing. Thought...
  7. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer: Hello,I have been locked out of my computer. My laptop did a scheduled update then the next morning I turned it on to be told that something had happened to my pin log in and when I tried to re-set that a screen popped up with the login for Microsoft account. Never before...
  8. Locked Out Of Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Out Of Computer: I incorrectly entered my pin a twice then the computer crashed restarted, so now it won't let me in. It told me to wait for two hours and leave the computer powered on and I did and it still did not let me log in. Is there anyway for me to log in?...
  9. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer: How do I sign in on airplane mode too windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-computer/bd8dd6f5-3ff5-4634-ab35-61734f43bbfe
  10. Locked out of computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of computer: My office manager changed the password on her computer and cant remember it. I shared my windows 10 with her and she uses her email on that computer. We have tried resetting passwords online from both of our accounts and they dont work. Any suggestions before i pay to fix...