Windows 10: Stolen computer

Discus and support Stolen computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So long story short, lend my laptop to my ex and now she refuses to give it back. Sadly I live in another city as hers and can't get her to give it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SergioDel castillo1, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Stolen computer

So long story short, lend my laptop to my ex and now she refuses to give it back. Sadly I live in another city as hers and can't get her to give it back. I can track the location from the laptop but can't lock it as it is a windows 10 home package. Any suggestions on how to block it or recover it?

:)

SergioDel castillo1, Mar 25, 2020

2. Pre-Owned computer issues

thank you for the suggestion but... It's not stolen but the school no longer exists and the computer is nice enough to keep. Please help if you can

DaddyDoubleA, Mar 25, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Another MS Rep that has no idea what they are talking about.... I have a couple of computers that were originally activated with the same product key - activating the second computer has no affect on the previously activated computer.

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Stolen computer

STOLEN PHONE

If your phone is off then it was either shut off or the battery is dead (or possibly in a location where there is no signal).

If you are sure it was stolen then I suggest the following:

• contact your provider and disable the SIM/service
    • You can still and should click the ERASE button on the page I posted above just in case someone does find the phone and turns it on. Hopefully you use a PIN code to prevent unauthorized access.
    If my replies assisted you, please mark my replies as the answer.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Stolen computer

1. Stolen computer - Similar Threads - Stolen computer

2. How to locate a stolen computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to locate a stolen computer?: My PC was stolen a while ago. I’ve just learned that I can locate my PC using Microsoft account. But when I press Find device, I get the device is not found. Can I trace my laptop whereabouts or it’s better to forget it?...
  3. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen computer: Hi, I left my computer in my University's cafè for 5 minutes and someone took it. I tried to aske on facebook groups and to all the offices in the uni for 2 weeks but no one found it, so i went to the police. Is there a way in which i can discover my mac address through my...
  4. Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer?: Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-pc-does-ms-windows-have-a-file-backup-of-my/16c26b07-4cbe-4738-815c-56d5274ebb50
  5. My computer was stolen

My computer was stolen: Since my laptop was stolen and it didnt have a login password set up, is there any way i can have microsoft lock the laptop? Its logged into my microsoft account think. All my banking information is on it....
  6. Microsoft cant help me OR they wont help me locate my stolen computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft cant help me OR they wont help me locate my stolen computer: My name is James Mills and I'm not on here to bash or blame anyone. I was sleeping and someone had to be close friend, walked into my room and took my laptop. Gone like the wind! Of course, It is already completely wiped and what not. I've Tried dropbox, Facebook, google...
  7. Stolen Computer! Need help with lock my device!

Stolen Computer! Need help with lock my device!: Recently my surface pro 6 was stolen and my only access to it has been on my account login. I've tried locking the device at least 5-10 times a day and each and every time I get a message that reads, "Unable to lock your device at this time. We will email you when we are...
  8. Security of local account on a stolen computer

Security of local account on a stolen computer: Hi all sorry trouble you had my laptop stolen about 3 weeks was using a windows local account password windows 10 not sure witch version of windows i had it was the one with the password hint just looking for some advice are they really easy to get past the password for the...
  9. Finding a stolen computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Finding a stolen computer: My computer was stolen Christmas morning, and I was wondering if there is any possible thing I could do to find it. I've already done the obvious (to me) stuff of calling the cops and changing my passwords. I've tried the 'Locate my device' feature, and I tried going through...
  10. Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer: Hi, I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home, that had been upgraded to Windows 10 Professional using a key I purchased some time ago for Windows 7 Professional. This laptop was stolen a few weeks ago, so now I would like to use that key to upgrade another PC I have with Windows...