Windows 10: Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

Discus and support Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DalenLombard, May 15, 2022.

1. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix this problem?

:)

DalenLombard, May 15, 2022
  2. NellaLeah Win User

Find Device - Stolen Laptop

My laptop was stolen and the find my device setting was turned on. When signing in online, it show the computer but it doesn't give me the option to select "find device". What do i do? I really want to find my laptop Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working :(

NellaLeah, May 15, 2022
  3. security and Find My Device functionality (stolen laptop)

How does find my device work in locating a stolen laptop while it's turned off and how accurate ?

BrentHayes1, May 15, 2022
  4. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

Stolen laptop and find my device

Hi, Christian,

I am an Independent Advisor and will assist you.

1. First, ensure you contact the local Police and report the laptop stolen. They too may be able to locate it for you.

Ensure you give them all the information about the device. Serial Number, Model Number, etc..

2. Did you follow the steps here on Stolen Devices?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11579/...

3. Immediately Follow these steps to Protect Yourself by changing account info.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001011.htm

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

4. If the person has possession of the laptop, they could

1. Completely Reinstall Windows 10 and Register the system in Their Names.

2. Create and use a New Profile if they know your account login info then remove your profile from Windows.

5. In future install and activate an application called Prey. It is free and if active can track the device.

Smittychat., May 15, 2022
Thema:

Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

1. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working - Similar Threads - Stolen laptop “find

2. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  3. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  4. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working: Hello, We had a break-in in the office yesterday evening and my laptop was stolen. When I logged into my Microsoft account, the find my device was disabled. The battery shows 0%. I tried to turn it on and the error came "Something happened and we cannot turn on Find my...
  5. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working: Hello, We had a break-in in the office yesterday evening and my laptop was stolen. When I logged into my Microsoft account, the find my device was disabled. The battery shows 0%. I tried to turn it on and the error came "Something happened and we cannot turn on Find my...
  6. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop

security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop: How does find my device work in locating a stolen laptop while it's turned off and how accurate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-and-find-my-device-functionality-stolen/94b7d172-1e25-4478-afa2-0cccee538251
  8. Find my lost or stolen device

Find my lost or stolen device: How do i find the last known location of a device that has had the location or find my device settings turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-lost-or-stolen-device/56326dc3-95cf-47b9-a8bc-e798cc486407"
  9. Stolen laptop and find my device

Stolen laptop and find my device: My laptop was stolen and I looked on Find My Device and the tracking has been off. I wanted to turn it on but it says can not reach the device. Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as the laptop gets network? Also, if they factory data reset the device through the boot...
  10. Stolen Laptop/find my device

Stolen Laptop/find my device: My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because...