Windows 10: Stolen laptop device was removed

Discus and support Stolen laptop device was removed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop was stolen while I was traveling. Last night I was able to use "find a device" and it gave me the location but by the time the police got... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LJCN, Oct 7, 2020.

1. LJCN Win User

Stolen laptop device was removed

My laptop was stolen while I was traveling. Last night I was able to use "find a device" and it gave me the location but by the time the police got involved the person who has my laptop has removed my device. Is there a way to add it back is what I need to know so that I can use "find device" again?

:)

LJCN, Oct 7, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

Sign in to account.live.com. If your device is listed like in screenshot 1, click 'See all'. On the next screen, if you've activated 'Locate device' you'll see it's location if it was signed in. The Remove laptop' option is highlighted. Good Luck.

Attachment 73672
    Stolen laptop device was removed [​IMG]

Stolen laptop device was removed [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 7, 2020
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

Sign into your Microsoft account. There should be a "devices" tab towards the right. Open that tab and remove the device from the list. Also, change your Microsoft account password as recomended.

PJLLB, Oct 7, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Should i remove the stolen device from my account?

Hi Naila

The best first thing to do is change the password on your Microsoft Account as soon as you can, so no one can access your data . . .

With regards to removing that laptop from your list of devices, that serves no real purpose, that will not log out your device, however, if you feel you are not going to have your laptop recovered, then it is best to remove that.

I know it is no consolation at this time, but laptops are stolen to be sold on and the first thing most thieves do is clan install Windows 10 on the laptop so they cannot be caught with the stolen laptop with your data on it, while there is no guarantee this
    has happened, it is the most likely outcome . . .

DaveM121, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Stolen laptop device was removed - Similar Threads - Stolen laptop device

2. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  3. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  4. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working: Hello, We had a break-in in the office yesterday evening and my laptop was stolen. When I logged into my Microsoft account, the find my device was disabled. The battery shows 0%. I tried to turn it on and the error came "Something happened and we cannot turn on Find my...
  5. Stolen laptop and other device

Stolen laptop and other device: Greetings, So my ASUS laptop got stolen, I know the fact that I will never see it again and thats okey. But its really unfair the fact that they will be able to use it. Yes I reported to police and yes I tried the find my device feature in MS account but come on, we all know...
  6. stolen device, laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stolen device, laptop: Hi, good morning my laptop was stolen last Monday, and I want to know if through Microsoft's find my device I can locate it, even if they have formatted and installed a new windows with another name and a different user account....
  7. Stolen device

Stolen device: Hello how are you my laptop was actually stolen windows 10 microsoft it was a hp laptop is there any way u guyz can track it I also have the serial number.it was stolen from south africa durban...
  8. Stolen device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen device: Hi my laptop got stolen and the device location is disabled ia there a way to tuen it on remotly ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-device/d1d0a87a-66c2-4695-b42d-7f570c70157b
  9. Stolen laptop and find my device

Stolen laptop and find my device: My laptop was stolen and I looked on Find My Device and the tracking has been off. I wanted to turn it on but it says can not reach the device. Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as the laptop gets network? Also, if they factory data reset the device through the boot...
  10. Stolen Laptop/find my device

Stolen Laptop/find my device: My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because...