Windows 10: Stolen laptop question - fresh install?

Discus and support Stolen laptop question - fresh install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey gang, My laptop was stolen and I am trying to track it. If the thief does a clean windows install, am I out of luck? Thanks..... submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WutangCND, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Stolen laptop question - fresh install?

Hey gang,

My laptop was stolen and I am trying to track it. If the thief does a clean windows install, am I out of luck?

Thanks.....

submitted by /u/WutangCND
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WutangCND, Apr 12, 2021

2. stolen hp laptop

We can't help you with your stolen laptop.

I suggest that you report it to the Police.

And we don't work for Microsoft.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Stolen Laptop

Hi Tara,

Since this is regarding a stolen laptop, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your device for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concern.

Ar Rom, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Stolen laptop question - fresh install?

How can I track the location of a stolen laptop, windows 10 installed on it?

Hello,

My Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series, N7537 laptop has been stolen (robed actually). I was searching a way to find it out. But, I am shocked that nothing could help me. Every solution was telling about a per-installed app. But, the thief will be formatting my
    hard-disk for sure, if he wants to use it. Is there any way to find the location of the Windows 10 Laptops? At least history. I can see, my laptop is listed in my device list of my Microsoft account.

Any sort of help to find the location of my laptop (at-least history of the location) is appreciated. Please don't suggest any Pre-installed software. You already know, I have no option to install it on my laptop.

Appreciate your help.

A. N. M. Nasimunnabi, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Stolen laptop question - fresh install?

1. Stolen laptop question - fresh install? - Similar Threads - Stolen laptop question

2. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen Laptop: My laptop has been stolent last week. How can I lock it or see where it is? Is there a way to find it? Thank you Ziya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/1f3aed90-2583-4390-bd67-72425463f276
  3. Stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen laptop: Hi everyone, My laptop got stolen in Electronic city, Bangalore. Recently while tracking through my Microsoft account it is showing as Last found near Mumbai Null Bazar, Maharashtra We can’t locate your device right now. Please try back later. 0 % battery Can...
  4. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: How to find my laptop if it was stolen and location is disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/c9ffe665-1530-4b02-b1c8-e3fd2e3d809a
  5. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: I have my fiancee that past aways memories on this laptop that my son bought me before my fiancee died I want it bk and it's still in town I know Microsoft is doing the device lock but it won't cause no one has tried to open it I have signed out of my Google stuff and I'm...
  6. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: My laptop was stolen, and ideas on how to locate and find it other that the obvious ways? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/1dbdffde-1d43-4cae-9254-df150cda6319
  7. stolen laptop

stolen laptop: how can I track my hp notebook. Windows 10. Was stolen. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/313c08d1-a631-48af-a0fe-7ae344584463"
  8. Stolen Laptop

Stolen Laptop: I have had my laptop stolen, I have been tracking the device on the Microsoft page using find my laptop. I understand the laptop needs to be switched on and have a wifi signal to work. But if the thieves sell on and restore factory settings am I still able to track the...
  9. Fresh installation question

Fresh installation question: I'm planning my first install of 10 onto a new SSD. I have win7 home registered and my account key on hand. From the reading I've done it seems possible to bypass the "upgrade" step but I'm still a bit confused by some of the jargon etc. Basically what is the simplest...
  10. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...