Windows 10: stolen/lost laptop

Discus and support stolen/lost laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hello, i have lost my laptop. please, is there a way to lock it and not let anyone reset it. and if possible, display on the screen, a kind message and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sarkisvartanian1, Dec 1, 2019.

1. stolen/lost laptop

hello,
    i have lost my laptop. please, is there a way to lock it and not let anyone reset it. and if possible, display on the screen, a kind message and my number so if not stolen and found, they can contact me.

my laptop is a windows 10

:)

Sarkisvartanian1, Dec 1, 2019

2. Stolen laptop

The Police are your best option for a stolen laptop.

Due to privacy restrictions we have no access to your private details to be able to assist you here.

Sign in to your Microsoft account

Find My Phone or Device

Lost your phone or think someone stole it? Left your device somewhere? See your phone or device on a map, or ring, lock and erase your phone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Find and lock a lost Windows device

If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use Find my device to locate and lock it remotely.

To find the lost device, it must be running Windows 10 and be signed in to your Microsoft account. You can also use Find my phone to find, locate, lock, and even erase your Windows Phone.

Notes

• You must be signed in to the lost device with a Microsoft account for which you're the administrator. If you're using a work or school account, Find my device won't work.
    • To send its location, your device must be connected to the Internet, have enough battery power, and use GPS.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Dec 1, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    stolen laptop

Hi Kristin

I am sorry this has happened to you . . .

If you had the 'Find My PC' function turned on, visit the page below to see the steps to find your PC if the thieves have connected your laptop to the Internet since it was stolen . . .

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11579/...

DaveM121, Dec 1, 2019
  4. stolen/lost laptop

stolen laptop

Hello,

Microsoft does not install tracking software on the device. The way tracking programs work - they "phone home", they send a signal out to the Internet and tell someone (like the tracking program provider) where they are. - Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene, MVP

Wireless FAQ on Lost/Stolen device

http://www.ctia.org/your-wireless-l...-protect-your-data/faq-on-lost-stolen-devices

What can I do if my computer or laptop was lost or stolen?

What can I do if my computer or laptop was stolen or lost?

Smittychat., Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

stolen/lost laptop

1. stolen/lost laptop - Similar Threads - stolen lost laptop

2. Lost/stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost/stolen laptop: Is there any way on finding the last location my laptop was used at? I tried locking it and turning on my location but that's not working. I think it needs to be on. Battery life is at 0%...
  3. Lost/stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost/stolen laptop: Is there any way on finding the last location my laptop was used at? I tried locking it and turning on my location but that's not working. I think it needs to be on. Battery life is at 0%...
  4. Windows reported lost/stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reported lost/stolen: I recently purchased a computer and I'm getting an error that this computer has been reported stolen, I dont know what would be the best fix for this, I dont want to waste the money I spent on purchasing that computer....
  5. Windows reported lost/stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reported lost/stolen: I recently purchased a computer and I'm getting an error that this computer has been reported stolen, I dont know what would be the best fix for this, I dont want to waste the money I spent on purchasing that computer....
  6. Stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen laptop: My laptop was stolen and I have been receiving single use codes. Is there a way to remotely find it. I have tried find my device to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/cec35530-89fc-4ede-b97d-c7899cd5150e
  7. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen Laptop: I had an HP Omen 15 stolen from me a couple months ago. I have already filed a police report and done whatever I can to try and locate it. I have the serial number of the laptop. Is there any way that Microsoft can see the details of the laptop such as if it has been turned...
  8. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen Laptop: My laptop has been stolent last week. How can I lock it or see where it is? Is there a way to find it? Thank you Ziya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/1f3aed90-2583-4390-bd67-72425463f276
  9. stolen laptop

stolen laptop: how can I track my hp notebook. Windows 10. Was stolen. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/313c08d1-a631-48af-a0fe-7ae344584463"
  10. Stolen Laptop

Stolen Laptop: I have had my laptop stolen, I have been tracking the device on the Microsoft page using find my laptop. I understand the laptop needs to be switched on and have a wifi signal to work. But if the thieves sell on and restore factory settings am I still able to track the...