Windows 10: Stolen Notebook with tracking activated

Discus and support Stolen Notebook with tracking activated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, unfortunately my Win10 notebook was stolen from my car two weeks ago. I had the tracking activated, but the last position is my home. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jenny Offer, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Stolen Notebook with tracking activated

Hello,

unfortunately my Win10 notebook was stolen from my car two weeks ago. I had the tracking activated, but the last position is my home.

I cannot believe the notebook is not switched on since this time. Is it possible that the tracking is broken when someone installs a new windows? Is there any chance afterwards?

Is it possible to find it when it is activated because it's the same hardware checksum? When yes, where can I ask for it?

Greetz, Jenny

:)

Jenny Offer, Jun 10, 2019
  2. chinni504 Win User

how track e71 mobile when it was stolen

my e71 mobile was stolen 3 days ago plz suggest me how to track it?

chinni504, Jun 10, 2019
  3. How to track a stolen device

Hi Juland,

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help resolve your issue.

To begin with, I would like to inform that the feature "Find My Device" has some limitations. This is only a device-tracking solution, and it won’t allow you to remotely wipe or lock your PC. You also won’t be able to play an alarm or snap a photo of the
    person using your device with the webcam. It will only show you your device’s location.

As you have stated that the "Find my Device" option is disabled, lets see if we can activate the same via your Microsoft Account. To do so follow the steps below

Step 1: Activate the feature.

1. You’ll log into that Microsoft account from a web browser. The account should be the same as the one used to access the user account.

2. You’ll see a message saying “Find my device is off” if you haven’t enabled it yet. Click the “Change” button to enable this feature. Activate the “Save my device’s location periodically” option when prompted and your Windows 10 PC will regularly and automatically
    send its location to Microsoft. This will allow you to locate your PC even if it isn’t powered-up and online when you go to track it, as you can view the last known location.

Step 2: Track your Device.

• When you want to track your lost device, open a web browser and go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
    • Sign in with the same Microsoft account you used on that Windows 10 PC you want to track.
    • You’ll see a list of devices registered to your Microsoft account. Scroll through the list and look for the device you want to track. You’ll see “Last seen at [time] in [City]” to the right of the device.
    • Click the “Find my device” link and you’ll be able to track the device on a map. If the device is powered on and connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, a wired Ethernet cable, or a cellular data connection, its location will update regularly.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Stolen Notebook with tracking activated

Track Stolen Mobile

Hi

Could you please tell me how to track if my N8 gets stolen or lost. what all details we need to track it. Do we have any software or application that needs to be installed to track the device if its lost?

yoursjobin, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Stolen Notebook with tracking activated

1. Stolen Notebook with tracking activated - Similar Threads - Stolen Notebook tracking

2. Tracking stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking stolen laptop: Greetings. I am kindly asking if Microsoft is able to track a stolen laptop which is running windows 10. Looking forwar to your advise. Kind regards, Lucas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tracking-stolen-laptop/7b75aaea-bc5c-49ca-9929-fa029569f050
  3. Tracking stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking stolen laptop: Greetings. I am kindly asking if Microsoft is able to track a stolen laptop which is running windows 10. Looking forwar to your advise. Kind regards, Lucas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tracking-stolen-laptop/7b75aaea-bc5c-49ca-9929-fa029569f050
  4. Tracking stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tracking a Laptop if stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking a Laptop if stolen: I have what may seem like a stupid question. I have my laptop protected with bitlocker and wonder what will happen if it is ever stolen. I have it secured with my Microsoft account and "Find my PC" enabled. I also have the Lenovo Smart Lock service on the system, but I am...
  6. Tracking a Laptop if stolen

Tracking a Laptop if stolen: I have what may seem like a stupid question. I have my laptop protected with bitlocker and wonder what will happen if it is ever stolen. I have it secured with my Microsoft account and "Find my PC" enabled. I also have the Lenovo Smart Lock service on the system, but I am...
  7. Track Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Track Stolen Laptop: Good Day my laptop was stolen and my Microsoft Account was activated on my stolen laptop how can I track my laptop I'm using the find my device but its showing me a rumble location I hope you can help me thank you [Original Title: Stolen Laptop]...
  8. Track Stolen Laptop

Track Stolen Laptop: Good Day my laptop was stolen and my Microsoft Account was activated on my stolen laptop how can I track my laptop I'm using the find my device but its showing me a rumble location I hope you can help me thank you [Original Title: Stolen Laptop]...
  9. Track Stolen Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Tracking a stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tracking a stolen laptop: A laptop was stolen on a Sunday. Find my device was turned on. It last recorded the position on the previous Friday. Every time I logged on, the lost device page told me that it had not connected since the same Friday but it was in a slightly different location. These...