Windows 10: Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer?

Discus and support Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MelissaArmbrister, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer?

Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer?

:)

MelissaArmbrister, Nov 20, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

Stolen laptop recovery of files from it's backup to new computer

If you have a system image, see the reply from Bill Smithers.

If you have "files and folders " backed up, here are the instructions from the Help system:

(for clickable links, open "Help & Support" and search for <<restore files>>

Restore files from a backup
    You can restore backed-up versions of files that are lost, damaged, or changed accidentally. You can also restore individual files, groups of files, or all of the files that you have backed up.

1. Click to open Backupand Restore.
    2. Do one of the following:
      • To restore your files, click Restore my files.
      • To restore the files of all users, click Restore all users' files.
        If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Do one of the following:
      • To browse the contents of the backup, click Browse for files or
        Browse for folders.

When you are browsing for folders, you won't be able to see the individual files in a folder. To view individual files, use the
        Browse for files option.
      • To search the contents of the backup, click Search, type all or part of a file name, and then click
        Search.
      Tips
      • If you are searching for files or folders associated with a specific user account, you can improve search results by typing the location of the file or folder in the
        Search for box. For example, to search for all JPG files that were backed up, type
        JPG in the Search for box. To only search for JPG files associated with the user Bill, type
        C:\Users\Bill\JPG in the Search for box.
      • You can use wild card characters such as *.jpg to search for all JPG files that were backed up.
    To restore a backup made on another computer

1. You can restore files from a backup that was created on another computer running
      Windows Vista or Windows 7.
    2. Click to open Backup and Restore.
    3. Click Select another backup to restore files from, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
      If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    To find files that were restored from a backup made on another computer

1. If you are restoring files from a backup that was made on another computer, the files will be restored in a folder under the user name that was used to create the backup. If the user names are different, you will need to navigate to the folder where the
      files are restored. For example, if your user name was Molly on the computer that the backup was made on but your user name is
      MollyC on the computer that the backup is being restored on, the restored files will be saved in a folder labelled
      Molly. You can find the restored files by following these steps:
    2. Click to open Computer.
    3. Double-click the icon of the drive that the files are saved on, for example C:\.
    4. Double-click the Users folder.

You will see a folder for each user account.
    5. Double-click the folder for the user name that was used to create the backup.

The restored files will be in the various folders based on where they were located originally.

3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Another MS Rep that has no idea what they are talking about.... I have a couple of computers that were originally activated with the same product key - activating the second computer has no affect on the previously activated computer.

NavyLCDR, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Is MS reconciling with the PC Gaming Community?

What !?? Games For Windows didn't prove to you that MS was serious about PC gaming? /sarc

Actions speak louder than words. So step up to the plate, Microsoft, or STFU.

Kreij, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Stolen Pc Does MS Windows have a file backup of my computer? - Similar Threads - Stolen Does file

2. Stolen MS Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen MS Laptop: Two MS Laptop have been stolen, and I have 'Find my Device' Locked the unit - but await for any signs of life.Both laptops have the usual start lock. sadly 1 laptop needs an adapter to allow usage of an Ethernet socket but both have wifi.Wifi is not accessed until the device...
  3. Stolen MS Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen MS Laptop: Two MS Laptop have been stolen, and I have 'Find my Device' Locked the unit - but await for any signs of life.Both laptops have the usual start lock. sadly 1 laptop needs an adapter to allow usage of an Ethernet socket but both have wifi.Wifi is not accessed until the device...
  4. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen computer: Split from this thread.I had a device stolen from me and the ones who have this are remote porting into my private phone and I can't seem to figure out where they have done this.I am a victim of a serious crime that some groups of these oeople have tried to hide themselves to...
  5. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen computer: Split from this thread.I had a device stolen from me and the ones who have this are remote porting into my private phone and I can't seem to figure out where they have done this.I am a victim of a serious crime that some groups of these oeople have tried to hide themselves to...
  6. Stolen computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen computer: My computer was stolen i need help protecting my information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-computer/975d2547-489a-43e7-b9bd-0722de095797
  7. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen computer: requested Microsoft to find my computer stolen on 10 - 10 - 2020. I aso requested MS to find my current computer which I am using. The found report came back with a location in Germiston Gauteng South Africa - FOR BOTH COMPUTERS. This is not even my own current address....
  8. Computer hacked. Files stolen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer hacked. Files stolen.: I have a new computer. I tried to transfer files from old laptop to new computer using Dropbox. Transfer didn't work I don't think. Tried to reach Dropbox. A support service appearing to be from Dropbox appeared. I clicked on it only to hear I couldn't get my files back...
  9. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen computer: So long story short, lend my laptop to my ex and now she refuses to give it back. Sadly I live in another city as hers and can't get her to give it back. I can track the location from the laptop but can't lock it as it is a windows 10 home package. Any suggestions on how to...
  10. My computer was stolen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer was stolen: Since my laptop was stolen and it didnt have a login password set up, is there any way i can have microsoft lock the laptop? Its logged into my microsoft account think. All my banking information is on it....