Windows 10: STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT

Discus and support STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; MY SON'S LAPTOP COMPUTER WAS STOLEN. WHILE HE WAS ABLE TO LOCK IT AND TRACE IT WITH "FIND MY PC" FUNCTION I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE THIEF'S ABILITY TO... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Can DoRICH, May 9, 2020.

1. STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT

MY SON'S LAPTOP COMPUTER WAS STOLEN. WHILE HE WAS ABLE TO LOCK IT AND TRACE IT WITH "FIND MY PC" FUNCTION I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE THIEF'S ABILITY TO BOOT UP FROM A CD/USB. CAN THEY DO THIS?

:)

Can DoRICH, May 9, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, May 9, 2020
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, May 9, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 9, 2020
Thema:

STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT

1. STOLEN WIN 10 LAPTOP COMPUTER BOOT OPTIONS TO WORRY ABOUT - Similar Threads - STOLEN LAPTOP COMPUTER

2. Is this something to worry about?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this something to worry about?: Microsoft Community,Today as I was going through my registry I found a folder named CleanMyPC. I have no application named CleanMyPC and never had. A few days ago, I installed Kaspersky in my laptop and it comes with a pc cleaner as well. So, it could possibly be Kaspersky's...
  3. Is this something to worry about?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this something to worry about?: Microsoft Community,Today as I was going through my registry I found a folder named CleanMyPC. I have no application named CleanMyPC and never had. A few days ago, I installed Kaspersky in my laptop and it comes with a pc cleaner as well. So, it could possibly be Kaspersky's...
  4. ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP: Hi, This Is RAMESH My laptop stolen, I'm tyring to trace but its not showing location, its showing one particular area with diffrent location within seconds with 56% of charging since two days and also trying to Lock my laptop but it could't connecting to laptop. Could you...
  5. ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP: Hi, This Is RAMESH My laptop stolen, I'm tyring to trace but its not showing location, its showing one particular area with diffrent location within seconds with 56% of charging since two days and also trying to Lock my laptop but it could't connecting to laptop. Could you...
  6. Worried about malware infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Worried about malware infection: Hello!My friend decided to download a mod for GTA V when I was gone and he installed a virus and I've gotten about 50-60 viruses from 1 application.I've already deleted all of them and safely continued. But every single day they multiply and I have to delete them everyday.I...
  7. Worried about Getting Hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Worried about Getting Hacked: Ok so ive done scans with malwarebytes and windows defender because some kid or guy not sure said he was gonna rat my pc or reverse shell into my computer and i already have done many scanns like i said in the begining and even took it to best buy and did a full new donwnload...
  8. Is it something to worry about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it something to worry about?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashwinp123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejhwa0/is_it_something_to_worry_about/
  9. Is this Something To Worry About?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this Something To Worry About?: I just reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer and noticed that under system information that it states "Installed memory (RAM) 16.0 GB (15.9) usable". Is this something to worry about, or how do I correct it? 144044
  10. Gamers Worry About Windows 10 Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamers Worry About Windows 10 Store: On the one hand it is great that PC gaming is showing a resurgence, and gamers can look forward to Tomb Raider and Quantum Break are coming to the Windows 10 Store. However, players are increasingly concerned about Microsoft’s track record when it comes to their efforts at...