Windows 10: stolen windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support stolen windows 10 laptop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 64 bit was stolen Saturday morning. Device has not been turned on, or connected since it was stolen. I went... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CDesign, Nov 10, 2019.

1. CDesign Win User

stolen windows 10 laptop.

My Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 64 bit was stolen Saturday morning.

Device has not been turned on, or connected since it was stolen. I went to Microsoft support site and it showed the last location that my laptop was used at. I clicked on Lock button. Microsoft said they can't locate my device, but will send me an email when my laptop has been detected. Will Microsoft automatically Lock my laptop when it has been activated, and connected to internet, or will i have to go back to the support site and click on lock button again? What exactly happens when Microsoft locks a stolen device, does it make it difficult for thieves to access my laptop. Does Microsoft have the capability to remote wipe the hard-drive of my laptop, using port to port process? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially advice on any options for wiping the hard-drive of my laptop using port to port, or software. I have no tracking software

installed on laptop.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Christoph

i

:)

CDesign, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Stolen Laptop

Hi Tara,

Since this is regarding a stolen laptop, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your device for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concern.

Ar Rom, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2019
  4. stolen windows 10 laptop.

stolen hp laptop

We can't help you with your stolen laptop.

I suggest that you report it to the Police.

And we don't work for Microsoft.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

stolen windows 10 laptop.

1. stolen windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - stolen laptop

2. Can you track a stolen laptop with location turned off in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you track a stolen laptop with location turned off in sleep mode?: My laptop got stolen. Location is turned off. But it's in sleep mode. Can I track it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-track-a-stolen-laptop-with-location-turned/7a63d5c0-4c0e-4ada-98d3-fec286407b8d
  3. Can you track a stolen laptop with location turned off in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you track a stolen laptop with location turned off in sleep mode?: My laptop got stolen. Location is turned off. But it's in sleep mode. Can I track it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-track-a-stolen-laptop-with-location-turned/7a63d5c0-4c0e-4ada-98d3-fec286407b8d
  4. Can microsoft track a stolen laptop that uses windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can microsoft track a stolen laptop that uses windows: Can microsoft track a stolen laptop that uses windows. I have ordered a laptop, but if a porch pirate steals it when it is delivered, can microsoft track it if it is using windows...
  5. Can microsoft track a stolen laptop that uses windows

Can microsoft track a stolen laptop that uses windows: Can microsoft track a stolen laptop that uses windows. I have ordered a laptop, but if a porch pirate steals it when it is delivered, can microsoft track it if it is using windows...
  6. My laptop was stolen last March 1. Can you help me trace or blocked the laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop was stolen last March 1. Can you help me trace or blocked the laptop?: My laptop was stolen. Can you help me blocked or trace the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-stolen-last-march-1-can-you-help-me/2c3b1bfa-2d3a-423a-a221-6361bdcb620a
  7. My laptop was stolen last March 1. Can you help me trace or blocked the laptop?

My laptop was stolen last March 1. Can you help me trace or blocked the laptop?: My laptop was stolen. Can you help me blocked or trace the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-stolen-last-march-1-can-you-help-me/2c3b1bfa-2d3a-423a-a221-6361bdcb620a
  8. Stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen laptop: My brand new laptop is stolen on the day i brought it, i didn't even sign up my ms account in it also i didn't even installed any tracking software how can i get it back please reply it was asus tuf a15...
  9. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: My brand new laptop is stolen on the day i brought it, i didn't even sign up my ms account in it also i didn't even installed any tracking software how can i get it back please reply it was asus tuf a15...
  10. Stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware