Windows 10: stop 11 from installing

Discus and support stop 11 from installing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i tried changing reg values as the windows club website suggested. I dont have group policy is there a folder i can delete? my insider account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by squaleca, Jul 30, 2021.

1. squaleca Win User

stop 11 from installing

i tried changing reg values as the windows club website suggested. I dont have group policy is there a folder i can delete? my insider account is unlinked, i have all telementry turned off 11 is basically installed via updates pc wants to update and restart i cant prevent it from selecting restart instead of update and restart but id like not to have to do that everytime i restart

:)

squaleca, Jul 30, 2021
  2. denmarfl Win User

Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2021
  4. stop 11 from installing

ie 11 stops periodically in win10

Hi Howard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• Have you installed any third party security software on your computer?
    Step 1: If you have installed any third party security software, I suggest you to temporarily disable them.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

stop 11 from installing

1. stop 11 from installing - Similar Threads - stop installing

2. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  3. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  4. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  5. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  6. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  7. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  8. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  9. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  10. Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...: Microsoft Windows 11 keeps reinstalling the apps that I uninstall manually. Those apps have no use for me so why does Windows 11 keep installing them?...