Windows 10: Stop a background app nag message

Discus and support Stop a background app nag message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Skype disabled as a background app. That is how I want it. However I keep getting Notification nags that I have it off and that I should... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HairyFool, Jul 18, 2019.

1. HairyFool Win User

Stop a background app nag message

I have Skype disabled as a background app. That is how I want it.

However I keep getting Notification nags that I have it off and that I should update my background app settings as I might be missing Skype calls. I am not missing them because I don't use Skype. I know where to turn off Skype but where is this message coming from?

:)

HairyFool, Jul 18, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 18, 2019
  3. ALKHALL Win User
    OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

I get the nag screen on startup, but there is no process in taskmanager/startup.

Any other suggestions? I only want to disable the nag screen, not uninstall OneDrive.

ALKHALL, Jul 18, 2019
  4. pgarden Win User

OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

When I start the computer I get a Nag Message from OneDriveto Set Up OneDrive. I want to disable this nag message because I"m not sure I want to use OneDrive right now. How do I stop this message from appearing everytime I start the computer?
    Please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong forum.

pgarden, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Stop a background app nag message - Similar Threads - Stop background app

2. Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?: Can this nagging message be removed from within Windows Update?It is displayed on the right side of the WU app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-this-nag-message-be-removed-from-windows/e6882804-f889-421f-9492-3e966476ccc9
  3. Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?: Can this nagging message be removed from within Windows Update?It is displayed on the right side of the WU app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-this-nag-message-be-removed-from-windows/e6882804-f889-421f-9492-3e966476ccc9
  4. Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to stop "Search for app in the store" message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop "Search for app in the store" message: How to stop "Search for app in the store" message every time I try to install program this message comes up. I can bypass it but clicking No, but how do I stop it? [ATTACH]...
  6. Turn on windows security center service nagging message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on windows security center service nagging message: [img] Every time I switch on my PC, after about 5 minutes, I get this annoying notification (see picture) from my OS asking me to turn on the security center service; please, note that, on my PC, I am judge, jury and executioner, meaning I decide what stays on and off, at...
  7. validate your account - nags stopped?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    validate your account - nags stopped?: Used to find that I got nagged often to validate my account - not often now - does anyone else notice this? 79588
  8. How to stop Microsoft nagging

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Microsoft nagging: Hello, As you already know from my previous posts about problems upgrading my windows 10 system, until I get it fixed, each time I turn on my pc, I notice lot of net traffic (something is downloading), I pull the line plug out, chk on C: and find brand new folder...
  9. This app is no longer available messages won't stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app is no longer available messages won't stop: Since I installed the Anniversary Edition, I've been getting those annoying "This app is no longer available" messages for 8GadgetPack and ClassicShell. I have installed the latest editions of both of these and the ****** messages just keep on being displayed every time I...
  10. OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up: When I start the computer I get a Nag Message from OneDriveto Set Up OneDrive. I want to disable this nag message because I"m not sure I want to use OneDrive right now. How do I stop this message from appearing everytime I start the computer? Please excuse me if I posted...