Windows 10: Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I STOP accumulating "Quick Access" items, in both the left and right window segments of Windows Explorer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by devonhall, Oct 1, 2020.

1. devonhall Win User

Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer

How can I STOP accumulating "Quick Access" items, in both the left and right window segments of Windows Explorer?

:)

devonhall, Oct 1, 2020
  2. ArmaRayo Win User

File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer

1. Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Stop accumulating Quick

2. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  3. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  4. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  5. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  6. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  7. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  8. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  9. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer: When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access" - When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click...
  10. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...