Windows 10: Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

Discus and support Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ellen Bratz, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access and apps are limited.

:)

Ellen Bratz, Apr 21, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Apr 21, 2024
  3. add a user

Hi Dennis,

There are several reasons why you are getting this issue. This could be a corruption of the new user profile. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add the new user profile, and see if it works.

For more information in Family Safety, check the following links:

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

1. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. - Similar Threads - Stop “add user”

2. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.: I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access...
  3. Family Safety App not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety App not working: The Family Safety app was unsinstalled on my phone by mistake. Now when I’ve re-installed it and trying to sign in again it is not going beyond the page where I need to grant permission to Share Location. When I press the “next” button it does not move ahead. What can I do?...
  4. Family Safety App not working

Family Safety App not working: The Family Safety app was unsinstalled on my phone by mistake. Now when I’ve re-installed it and trying to sign in again it is not going beyond the page where I need to grant permission to Share Location. When I press the “next” button it does not move ahead. What can I do?...
  5. Family Safety App not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety App not working: I use Family Safety App to manage my sons xbox and Microsoft Laptop. I use the app on my Iphone 13 running IOS 16. For the past month, the app has been doing two things:1. suddenly closing on me when attempting to approve a request2. not registering the approval on my sons...
  6. Family Safety App not working

Family Safety App not working: I use Family Safety App to manage my sons xbox and Microsoft Laptop. I use the app on my Iphone 13 running IOS 16. For the past month, the app has been doing two things:1. suddenly closing on me when attempting to approve a request2. not registering the approval on my sons...
  7. Family Safety has stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety has stopped working: I've had my child on a MS child account for a year, using windows 10, and have been able to effectively use this to block their laptop & limit time. This week possibly following an update? it's stopped working. I can block some apps but only intermittently and I can't block...
  8. Family safety notifications stopped working

Family safety notifications stopped working: I am not receiving any family safety notifications. So when my kids request more time, I do not receive the request or any notifications about activity, nothing. I do not receive them on my PC or my phone which is running Microsoft launcher, or via email. It was working...
  9. Family safety monitor stopped working

Family safety monitor stopped working: Am assuming this is an MS Server side issue but tonight my two children logged into their accounts on the PC. They have child accounts. Absolutely no issues using the machine, browsing etc. I then logged back into my main acc after. As I was checking a few things I went into...
  10. Family Safety continually stops working

Family Safety continually stops working: Every month or so, Family Safety will lose its connection with the service, in a manner of speaking. The computer reports no problems: it claims everything is being monitored like normal and all accounts are linked. The Family Safety website shows all restrictions, but no...