Windows 10: Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge

Discus and support Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have anew HP desktop. Every time I print anything in chrome it opens in edge and prints from there. The dialogue box is irritating in the extreme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brererabbit, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge

I have anew HP desktop. Every time I print anything in chrome it opens in edge and prints from there. The dialogue box is irritating in the extreme - very dumbed done. I have to click to get to the select page range. The bar with it's strange symbols only pops up for a couple of seconds then I have to use ctrl P to print. How do I stop- it moving so it prints in chrome

:)

Brererabbit, Apr 23, 2019

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge

Print from microsoft edge

Hi Genio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let’s follow these steps and see if it fixes the issue:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print
    documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press Ctrl+P or
      More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Right click on the start button.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select “Hardware and sound”.
    • Next select Devices and printers.
    • Right click on the device or printers which you need to troubleshoot and select
      troubleshoot and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge

1. Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge - Similar Threads - Stop printing going

2. Switching from Chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Chrome to edge: I recently switched from Microsoft edge to Chrome. Didn't like the way it works so I switched back to Microsoft edge. Somewhere in the switch my Microsoft mail and calendar disappeared off of my toolbar it is in my apps it is set as my default mail. The problem I'm having is...
  3. Switching from Chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from Chrome to edge: I recently switched from Microsoft edge to Chrome. Didn't like the way it works so I switched back to Microsoft edge. Somewhere in the switch my Microsoft mail and calendar disappeared off of my toolbar it is in my apps it is set as my default mail. The problem I'm having is...
  4. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  5. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  6. Consecutive print of same page using 'Microsoft Print to PDF' from chrome or Edge chromium...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consecutive print of same page using 'Microsoft Print to PDF' from chrome or Edge chromium...: If the user tries to print a larger sized webpage or any kind of document using 'Microsoft Print to PDF', it will print that page. Again immediately print the same document while print spooler is processing the earlier print document to 'Microsoft Print to PDF'. This action...
  7. Printing causing browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave as well as Notepad to go...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing causing browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave as well as Notepad to go...: As the title says, clicking the print icon or using ctrl-p causes the application to immediately become unresponsive after pulling up the menu. Yesterday I printed without an issue. I have done the following to try and fix the issue. Download KB4568831 update the update log...
  8. Printer will not print from Microsoft Edge but will from all other applications. Error is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer will not print from Microsoft Edge but will from all other applications. Error is...: Printer will not print from Microsoft Edge but will from all other applications. Error is "unexpected configuration problem 0x800700c1" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print-from-microsoft-edge-but/26483ca5-24f1-4021-b119-9965f1bdfd9c
  9. Printing from the EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing from the EDGE Browser: I cannot print documents, email files, etc. from the Edge Browser. When I switch to the Google Chrome and transfer my msn email account to Gmail account I Print with no problem. My printer is an HP ENVY 7640. I 've updated all my printer drivers to the latest. My printer...
  10. UNABLE TO PRINT FROM EDGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO PRINT FROM EDGE: This is unbelievably frustrating. From Chrome I can print from my Yahoo e-mail as well as when I want to print from other websites. But I cannot do this with Microsoft Edge (or maybe I should call it Microsoft SLUDGE?!) I have an HP desktop and printer. There shouldn't be...