Windows 10: Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation.

Discus and support Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I just did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro V.2004 . Now whenver I ALT+TAB between my virtual desktops, the tabs "slide" away which is beyond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheToxicBeast, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation.

Hey,

I just did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro V.2004 . Now whenver I ALT+TAB between my virtual desktops, the tabs "slide" away which is beyond frustrating Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation. :)

I was wondering whether there was a setting to turn this off.

Thanks

submitted by /u/TheToxicBeast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheToxicBeast, Jul 13, 2020
  2. tibbus Win User

Virtual desktops animations are slow

Hey,

I have a powerful laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed :
    • CPU : i7-4712HQ @2.3Ghz
    • RAM : 16 GB
    • Video : Nvidia GeForce GT 750M

When I switch between virtual desktops the animations are pretty laggy, which it's kinda weird, because on my Surface 3 Pro which is a low weaker than this laptop the animations are very smooth.

Do you have any idea of what I can try ?

PS : Animation is not so slow, but it has some lag. I also have in the Intel and Nvidia Graphics all set up to high performance.

tibbus, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

I am not certain why, but the ALT-TAB works just fine on my system, version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309). I can either TAB to or click on the program and it opens.

Thanks for the link, allowed me to see programs opened on other virtual desktops as well with the ALT-TAB. This is great, when I have more than one virtual desktop opened, it's easier to switch between desktops/programs.

On my system, changing these options is no longer under the "Additional desktop" heading. It had been renamed "Virtual desktops":

Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation. [​IMG]

Cr00zng, Jul 13, 2020
  4. mrhuggles Win User

Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation.

alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation.

1. Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation. - Similar Threads - Stop ALT+TAB virtual

2. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation: Hi, is there a way to enable virtual desktop switching animation in Windows 11? When I'm switching to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+win+left/right or swiping 4 fingers on the trackpad, it instantly changes to the other desktop. I've read some threads on this issue which...
  3. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation: Hi, is there a way to enable virtual desktop switching animation in Windows 11? When I'm switching to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+win+left/right or swiping 4 fingers on the trackpad, it instantly changes to the other desktop. I've read some threads on this issue which...
  4. Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing: So pretty much lets say i have a game running and am tabbed in play said game, i alt tab out to launch discord or whatever application, then after launching the app, i tab back into my game, once that app launches, it tabs me out of my game and into that app. How do i stop...
  5. Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?: Is there a way to change the animation speed when programs maximize / minimize from the taskbar and / or when changing virtual desktops? No, I do not want to speed up how fast menus are displayed and I do not want to disable these animation all together. Thank you in...
  6. alt-tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt-tab stopped working: So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a few weeks ago... Windows update????????? Any help would be appreciated 116996
  7. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  8. Virtual desktops animations are slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual desktops animations are slow: Hey, I have a powerful laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed : CPU : i7-4712HQ @2.3Ghz RAM : 16 GB Video : Nvidia GeForce GT 750M When I switch between virtual desktops the animations are pretty laggy, which it's kinda weird, because on my Surface 3 Pro which is a low...
  9. alt+tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt+tab stopped working: I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens. The keys work individually. How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working? Thanks. 70553
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798