Windows 10: Stop AMD Display Driver

Discus and support Stop AMD Display Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HimanshuPuri12, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Stop AMD Display Driver

Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board.

I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of drivers.

So far:

1. I went to safe mode, unistalled driver from Device Manager with delete files option. After this laptop is working fine.

2. Registry - I have added following

ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate - set to 1 under

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

3. Control panel - Advance System Settings - Device Installation Settings - Set automatic download to No.

Despite step 2 and step 3 , reboot brings back the AMD Driver under Display Drivers and I have just few seconds before I uninstall or computer hangs after which its the whole drill of safe mode, uninstall driver .. and in safe mode also it hangs if I lose the race against the pc after which screen hangs .

Side note - To play around, I also noticed that even I do hardware scan in Device Manager, AMD Radeon comes back immediately. But since I am there, I uninstall before PC hangs.

So what I need ?

Disable AMD Radeon display forever.

Stop auto update of AMD driver.

Ensure that windows updates comes through without downloading AMD.

:)

HimanshuPuri12, Oct 2, 2020
  2. boweasel Win User

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - AMD

Had a problem with my mother's Windows 10 tower and I mistakenly attributed all the errors to a bad upgrade from W7 to W10. My mom says she never selected the upgrade - that Microsoft did it on it's own while installing updates. I started a thread on the Updates & Activation forum detailing the struggles I went through before I finally bit the bullet, reformatted the hard drive and did a complete reinstall.
    Updates - Trying to resolve 1 Problem brings up another. And another

Unfortunately, the reinstall did nothing to alleviate the problem listed in this thread's title. After it finished booting, a message displayed on the desktop for at least 5 minutes indicating that Windows was searching for a suitable graphics driver. After it installed the AMD Radeon 7540D driver we began to get those 'Display driver has stopped...' messages. A check of device manager showed the first image. I uninstalled the driver and rebooted, Windows reinstalling that same driver. I went to this forum and accessed the sticky at the top of the page - Latest AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver for Windows 10 and attempted to download the latest driver. It told me that the best driver had already been installed. I have no idea what to do now.
    Stop AMD Display Driver [​IMG]

boweasel, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Stop AMD Display Driver

1. Stop AMD Display Driver - Similar Threads - Stop AMD Display

2. Stop automatic installation of AMD Display drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic installation of AMD Display drivers: I've had trouble trying to block my Windows 11 Home laptop from automatically installing the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.14016.13 drivers on my laptop as it seems outdated and also seems to create instability. After uninstalling/re-installing the new...
  3. Stop automatic installation of AMD Display drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop automatic installation of AMD Display drivers: I've had trouble trying to block my Windows 11 Home laptop from automatically installing the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.14016.13 drivers on my laptop as it seems outdated and also seems to create instability. After uninstalling/re-installing the new...
  4. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  5. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  6. Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation: i have a lapton running windows 10 home. its quite fast i7 , SSD and 8GB ram. AMD chip on mother board has gone bad and I can't remove it. Windows installs AMD everytime i reboot because of which laptop has become unusable. 1. I have changed the advance system properties...
  7. AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...
  8. "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" AMD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" AMD: Hello all. I have a clean install of Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite S50D-A with an AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics. Every so often I will get a message "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" when I am playing a game, browsing the web, or...
  9. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - AMD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - AMD: Had a problem with my mother's Windows 10 tower and I mistakenly attributed all the errors to a bad upgrade from W7 to W10. My mom says she never selected the upgrade - that Microsoft did it on it's own while installing updates. I started a thread on the Updates & Activation...
  10. Latest AMD Drivers "display drivers stopped and recovered" Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest AMD Drivers "display drivers stopped and recovered" Win 10: Latest Crimson Edition Drivers seems to crash repeatedly on desktop "Display Driver has stopped and has recovered" again and again once you hit the desktop, sometimes when you run a game or something that is related to the graphics. The only solutions was to Disable the...