Windows 10: Stop an app from pausing.

Discus and support Stop an app from pausing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I don't have a smartphone so I use the Instagram app on my computer to watch friends live streams. It's frustrating when I want to do work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark_707, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Mark_707 Win User

Stop an app from pausing.

Hello,

I don't have a smartphone so I use the Instagram app on my computer to watch friends live streams. It's frustrating when I want to do work and listen to friends live streams but Instagram app pauses because i've clicked off the window.

How can I stop this?

:)

Mark_707, Nov 12, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Stop an app from pausing. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Stop an app from pausing.

Video pauses in Netflix app, and Chrome

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't read my entire post.

Video does not just pause in the Netflix for Windows App, it also pauses in Chrome and in Internet Explorer. I have not fully tested Edge yet though. The reason why I was using IE is because the first time I tried to play a video from the Amazon site in the Edge
    browser there was an error.

There are no pauses using Firefox browser.

To be clear, video pauses momentarily in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (used purely for testing purposes) and the Netflix App. It does not appear to be pausing in Firefox browser. Video can pause on video's being played in Amazon and YouTube. It is
    not an issue that is affecting only the Netflix App.

Is there an updated video driver for the surface 3 that is Windows 10 certified?

Any suggestions??

Obsessive Power, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Stop an app from pausing.

1. Stop an app from pausing. - Similar Threads - Stop app pausing

2. All sound stops when one application sound is paused/stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All sound stops when one application sound is paused/stopped: I am on Windows 10.Scenario: I am listening to radio over the internal in a browserI am also playing a game at the same timeso there is sound output from both the radio and the game... fineIf I pause the sound from the radio, the sound from the game also stops.I also have...
  3. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  4. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  5. The requested pause, continue, or stop is not valid for this service

in Windows 10 News
    The requested pause, continue, or stop is not valid for this service: [ATTACH]If you see message The requested pause, continue, or stop is not valid for this service for DNSCache, Winmgmt, TrustedInstaller, then this post will interest you. net stop dnscache Not working If you are unable to stop the DNS Cache service, then this is because of a...
  6. Video plays after pausing and will not stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video plays after pausing and will not stop: I am having a problem where videos will continue to play if you pause the video. This happens with the spotify app as well. I would pause it and about 10 seconds later it starts to play on its own. I tried uninstalling the browsers and reinstalling them with no luck, the...
  7. Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.: SO if I close, ect, and video is firefox(doesn't matter the site) the sound being played through the selected device in windows stops working as well. If this happens and I load up a video or continue one the sound starts up again. It's like firefox/windows 10 sound is...
  8. Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working: The Bluetooth pause / play button stopped working. I tried both a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth earphones that were both working recently and both of them have the same issue with the pause/play button not working. When I try these same Bluetooth speaker & earphones on my...
  9. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  10. Stop Syncing Apps From Store

Stop Syncing Apps From Store: Is there a setting somewhere I missed that tells each computer not to sync my apps from the store? I set up a new HTPC last night (late, so I may have missed the option), and it started downloading all of the Store apps I have on my laptop. I'd like to, if possible, keep each...