Windows 10: Stop applications from downloading to Admin

Discus and support Stop applications from downloading to Admin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I let my daughter play on my computer, and she wants to download and play some games on it. Every time she downloads a game, it also goes into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OliviaFrazier1, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Stop applications from downloading to Admin

I let my daughter play on my computer, and she wants to download and play some games on it. Every time she downloads a game, it also goes into my account, because most of the games require the Admin password. But I don't want the games on my Admin account, and she has a standard user account, because I use mine for work. Is there any possible way for her to be able to download her games that require a password without the game also downloading it into my account?

:)

OliviaFrazier1, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 29, 2020
  3. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing a network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Stop applications from downloading to Admin

Can't Download Apps from Microsoft Store

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type WSReset.exe.
    • Hit Enter.

Also, just to confirm are you experiencing this to all the application you are trying to download?

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Charianne Per, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Stop applications from downloading to Admin

1. Stop applications from downloading to Admin - Similar Threads - Stop applications downloading

2. Application gets installed as Admin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application gets installed as Admin.: Application gets installed as admin and while executing it asks for admin ID and password even after i unchecked Run as administrator in Properties - Compatibility...
  3. Application gets installed as Admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application gets installed as Admin.: Application gets installed as admin and while executing it asks for admin ID and password even after i unchecked Run as administrator in Properties - Compatibility...
  4. Application gets installed as Admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  6. Stopping an application from running on admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping an application from running on admin: When I go to properties, shortcuts, and then advanced I uncheck the box and then click done. But after I click done I check to see if it worked and the box ticked itself automatically. Please help....
  7. Application will not download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application will not download: so im trying to download valorant and this message keeps popping up. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. submitted by...
  8. Stop applications from downloading to Admin

Stop applications from downloading to Admin: I let my daughter play on my computer, and she wants to download and play some games on it. Every time she downloads a game, it also goes into my account, because most of the games require the Admin password. But I don't want the games on my Admin account, and she has a...
  9. Failing to open Admin Applications?

Failing to open Admin Applications?: Today I was trying to open task manager to close a nonreponding app. It said, C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe Path not found. So I tried finding it in sys32 and found it. I then tried using CMD as an admin and it didn't work and said could not find shortcut path. I tried...
  10. application run as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    application run as admin: Hi Team, i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application. 1. i have installed that application using local administrator profile 2. but when my user login with domain user profile and...