Windows 10: Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening

Discus and support Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since v1809 was installed, a small window has been opening in top left of screen randomly (?) It displays options under Apps Commands... for Share,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph PHILIPPA, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening

Since v1809 was installed, a small window has been opening in top left of screen randomly (?) It displays options under Apps Commands... for Share, Print, Settings. How can I put a stop to that ?

:)

Joseph PHILIPPA, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening :)

4. ste2425 Win User

Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening

Command windows opening behind other windows

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick one here.

Ive made a small application to poll TeamCity build monitor take data about current and past builds and store them in a data base. Its only a very small application and im using windows task scheduler to run it every five minuets. Its working grand and does everything its meant to however when it runs it open a command window. Im not displaying anything nor taking user input and its finished and closed in under half a minuet but it opens on top of any windows I already have open. Control is still focused on the window I was working in before the command window opened. What id like to know is there a way within either task scheduler or something I can programme within the application to either stop the command window opening up but the application still run as its not needed or to make it automatically open behind all other open windows?

Thanks all

ste2425, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening

1. Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening - Similar Threads - Stop Apps Command

2. How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?: Hello, I usually work with several app windows opened at the same time i.e several excel files and I came across a problem I don't know how to solve. For example I have three excel windows opened and have them minimized. When i open the fourth one, the other three open as...
  3. How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?: Hello, I usually work with several app windows opened at the same time i.e several excel files and I came across a problem I don't know how to solve. For example I have three excel windows opened and have them minimized. When i open the fourth one, the other three open as...
  4. How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stop Windows Hello from opening Apps & Services

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop Windows Hello from opening Apps & Services: I enjoy using windows hello to unlock my computer. But I don't want to my windows hello pin to be able to unlock apps and services on my computer. How do I remove this while still being able to use windows hello to unlock my computer?...
  6. Stop Windows Hello from opening Apps & Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows Hello from opening Apps & Services: I enjoy using windows hello to unlock my computer. But I don't want to my windows hello pin to be able to unlock apps and services on my computer. How do I remove this?...
  7. Stop Windows Hello from opening Apps & Services

Stop Windows Hello from opening Apps & Services: I enjoy using windows hello to unlock my computer. But I don't want to my windows hello pin to be able to unlock apps and services on my computer. How do I remove this?...
  8. How to open and close Windows camera app from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open and close Windows camera app from Command Prompt?: I looking for a way to open & close Windows Camera app from the command line. Use case is to run reliability tests for my camera project and for this I may need to open and close camera app multiple times. If there is a command I was hoping to make a batch script to automate...
  9. Opening windows store apps from command line

Opening windows store apps from command line: How do I open windows store apps like Hulu from the command prompt? 44674
  10. How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?

How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?: Windows 10 starts apps automatically in the background, so when you start the apps, they will launch faster. But I don't need that. The background apps settings in the Settings app don't change anything. Is there another workaround for that? Look at the Photos app,...