Windows 10: Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

Discus and support Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i have two apps that runs on windows startup. I do not seem to be able to stop them i have run the Task Manager then the start-up tab and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam02, Oct 23, 2019.

1. sam02 Win User

Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

Hi i have two apps that runs on windows startup.
    I do not seem to be able to stop them i have run the Task Manager then the start-up tab and they are not listed in there, then i went to Settings then apps and they are not in there

I know i could just delete then but i do use them now and again but i don't need them running every time i start windows

So how do i stop them please

:)

sam02, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

1. Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts - Similar Threads - Stop Apps running

2. Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts: Hi i have two apps that runs on windows startup. I do not seem to be able to stop them i have run the Task Manager then the start-up tab and they are not listed in there, then i went to Settings then apps and they are not in there I know i could just delete then but i do...
  3. Apps not running from start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not running from start menu: After a Windows update the apps on the start menú are not running. When I click on them it show a white bar beneat the icon but it does not load or anything. Thank you for your help....
  4. "This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This app can’t run on your PC" when trying to start explorer.exe: Hello I am having an extremely annoying problem where every time explorer.exe fails, I am completely unable to run it again from the task manager and I'm forced to restart my computer. I have tried running task manager as an administrator and starting the process from...
  5. windows 10 1809 is starting/stopping

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 1809 is starting/stopping: HP18-5021 computer HDD was configured as GPT. I reconfigured it to MBR and clean installed W10 V1809 and updated. I installed a few generic programs and do not believe any are responsible for this problem. When w10 starts to boot, the progress circles run smoothly. As soon as...
  6. How to stop IdlingBuddy running in the background and starts automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop IdlingBuddy running in the background and starts automatically.: Says "action can't be completed because folder or a file in it is open in another program." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-idlingbuddy-running-in-the-background/777548bf-9698-4abd-a83f-8de5957cb812"
  7. Stop Windows 10 From Starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 10 From Starting: is there a way to stop windows 10 from starting? This is not a joke i genuinally want to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-windows-10-from-starting/d5d128d4-f4d0-498c-8a05-56ec9a604017
  8. app that starts automatically when Windows starts, called GamePlayer101

in Windows 10 Customization
    app that starts automatically when Windows starts, called GamePlayer101: please help. There is an app on my computer that starts up when my computer is turned on. It is called GamePlayerlol.. I cannot find the app in my list of apps to delete it, and I don't know how or why it started showing up. Can you assist me in getting rid of it? I deleted...
  9. Edge running W/o being started when firefox running

in Browsers and Email
    Edge running W/o being started when firefox running: I have noticed Edge runs whenever I start firefox. I first noticed this when running CCleaner. I can see Edge shutting down as CCleaner finishes. I am wondering if Edge is somehow watching and reporting what I do on Firefox. 114690
  10. How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?: Hi there, I'd like to know how I can run a specific file (a single executable that runs in the background by default/AHK script) the moment a specific program launches and close when that app is closed Windows 10 Pro x64 Kind regards 105255