Windows 10: Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

Discus and support Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i have two apps that runs on windows startup. I do not seem to be able to stop them i have run the Task Manager then the start-up tab and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam02, Oct 23, 2019.

1. sam02 Win User

Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

Hi i have two apps that runs on windows startup.
    I do not seem to be able to stop them i have run the Task Manager then the start-up tab and they are not listed in there, then i went to Settings then apps and they are not in there

I know i could just delete then but i do use them now and again but i don't need them running every time i start windows

So how do i stop them please

:)

sam02, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

1. Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts - Similar Threads - Stop Apps running

2. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  3. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  4. phone app stops working when starting and opening settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone app stops working when starting and opening settings: I recently updated the phone app and suddenly I can no longer open the advanced settings and now I can't even start it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-stops-working-when-starting-and-opening/586dba55-a122-4697-b15d-2be3fcaf5928
  5. phone app stops working when starting and opening settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    phone app stops working when starting and opening settings: I recently updated the phone app and suddenly I can no longer open the advanced settings and now I can't even start it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-stops-working-when-starting-and-opening/586dba55-a122-4697-b15d-2be3fcaf5928
  6. Is it possible to stop apps running in the dGPU when AC is disconnected?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to stop apps running in the dGPU when AC is disconnected?: I've noticed that when transferring from AC to battery on my laptop apps will continue to use the dedicated nvidia GPU until they're either manually restarted or the system is. At idle the GPU uses around 11W so this effectively halves my battery life. I've used all the...
  7. Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator: I noticed this in version 1909 and it continued into 2004. When I right-click on an app in Start (command prompt, for example) to run it as administrator, the app comes up but the Start Menu does not close. When I run the same app by left-clicking on it, the Start Menu...
  8. Windows 10 - Background apps self starting and running in the background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Background apps self starting and running in the background: I have noticed several Microsoft apps i.e., Alarms and Clocks, Calculator, Photos,Groove, notepad, Movies & Tv, and settings running as background processes, even though I have never used them. I have disabled these apps via Settings/Privacy/Background Apps, yet they continue...
  9. Apps running when PC starts, windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running when PC starts, windows 10.: Hi, Firstly, I shall apologise in advance. I'm a bit of a tech head but the terminology I'll be using will be main descriptive and probably annoy those whom actually knows what they are talking about. I have an issue with apps running when the PC starts. I have told the...
  10. Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Apps running when Windows 10 starts: Hi i have two apps that runs on windows startup. I do not seem to be able to stop them i have run the Task Manager then the start-up tab and they are not listed in there, then i went to Settings then apps and they are not in there I know i could just delete then but i do...