Windows 10: Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail

Discus and support Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have found a solution which was not found in the Community. 1. Go to Settings and in the search bar type: Typing Insights. 2. Make sure the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trains4Fun, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail

I have found a solution which was not found in the Community.

1. Go to Settings and in the search bar type: Typing Insights.

2. Make sure the toggle switch is OFF.

Now whenever you place a period after an abbreviation, you will not automatically get a Capital letter for the next word. If you accidentally put a period after a word, the next word will not be in CAPs. I have found this to work in word processing apps, too.

I am new to Windows Live Mail since I recently got a new Windows 10 in S Mode laptop and do enjoy using Live Mail but didn't like the capitalization which Windows places "for the fun of it." I simply played around with Settings and found the Typing Insights section and decided to turn the switch OFF and see what happens. By the way, if you misspell a word, it still is underlined for your correction, etc.

:)

Trains4Fun, Sep 23, 2019
  2. TLarkuin Win User

Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization

First off, I've turned off auto capitalization in system settings.

Secondly, there is no "Option" settings for the internal mail app (as I've seen suggested in other posts).

So how do you turn off auto-capitalization for the mail app since it's obviously not looking at system settings.

It's soooooo very annoying and makes using Mail very time consuming. Yes, I could load another app, but would like not to fill my limited disk space (ASUS tablet) with redundant apps unless I have to.

Thanks.

TLarkuin, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization

Hello,

We understand that you would like to turn off auto capitalize in Mail app.

I would like to let you know that Mail app is designed to work in this way. However, you can provide your feedback on this issue to help us make changes in the future.

You can provide feedback by following these steps:

1. Open Mail app and click on settings.

2. Open Feedback to post your suggestions.

Hope this will help you. Post us back if you need assistance with Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail

auto-capitalization

How to enable auto-capitalization in all websites and games?

Sometimes I need to write in capital letters sentences or some words and I get annoyed having to press Caps Lock every time I need it. My question: how to enable auto-capitalization in Windows 10

Monique Sol, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail

1. Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail - Similar Threads - Stop Auto Capitalization

2. windows live mail has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows live mail has stopped working: windows live mail has stopped working - so it will not open. Then it says 'check online for solutions - and then nothing.It show 'problem details'and says:Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409and then:if the online...
  3. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  4. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  5. Dictate- Turning off auto-capitalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dictate- Turning off auto-capitalization: For testing purposes, can we turn off auto-capitalization in Dictate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictate-turning-off-auto-capitalization/b25fabbf-e47b-4512-a188-50222cc350f7
  6. How to turn on auto capitalization of keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on auto capitalization of keyboard?: First words of a sentence don't capitalize in any program. the feature works in MS Word but not the other programs. when i type something in YouTube or reddit or anywhere else, it doesn't automatically capitalize the first word. submitted by /u/dannyparker123 [link]...
  7. Update to 2004 stopped Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 2004 stopped Windows Live Mail: I received an error Live Mail 0X800C013E in all accounts. Suggest something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-2004-stopped-windows-live-mail/36f1f1f9-698a-418f-8919-0d8d79410bb4
  8. Auto capitalize

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto capitalize: Is there any way to make Windows auto capitalize the first letter of a sentence? submitted by /u/treeshateorcs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dplx57/auto_capitalize/
  9. auto-capitalization

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto-capitalization: How to enable auto-capitalization in all websites and games? Sometimes I need to write in capital letters sentences or some words and I get annoyed having to press Caps Lock every time I need it. My question: how to enable auto-capitalization in Windows 10...
  10. Windows Live Mail Auto Starting

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Auto Starting: Help please, Does anyone know why or how to stop my Windows Live Mail from starting up automatically when I turn on my computer ? I have checked ALL the startup, services, start up folder and the rest of autos all to no avail. any ideas greatly appreciated. I am using...