Windows 10: Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing

Discus and support Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So pretty much lets say i have a game running and am tabbed in play said game, i alt tab out to launch discord or whatever application, then after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IIAssailantII, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing

So pretty much lets say i have a game running and am tabbed in play said game, i alt tab out to launch discord or whatever application, then after launching the app, i tab back into my game, once that app launches, it tabs me out of my game and into that app. How do i stop this, this isnt with all programs, such as chrome, when i launch it while tabbed into something else it stays minimized and flashed orange on my task bar. How do i make every app behave like that

submitted by /u/IIAssailantII
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IIAssailantII, Feb 7, 2021

2. alt+tab stopped working

I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens when i press alt+tab to switch windows.

It just stopped working for some reason, and I don't know how to fix it. The individual alt and tab keys still work fine.

Just to be clear Alt+tab used to work for me -- it worked fine ever since I installed win 10, but now it doesn't even though the individual alt and tab keys still work fine.

How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working?

Thanks.

mrmojorizing, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    alt-tab stopped working

It's possible to temporarily remap ALT and TAB keys (remap to little used or unused key) to check if the key is actually broken. If the remapped keys work then it's a keyboard problem. If the remapped keys do not work then the problem lies elsewhere.

Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing [​IMG]

Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing [​IMG]

Download KeyTweak 2.3.0

Callender, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing

1. Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing - Similar Threads - Stop Automatic Alt

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. How to stop alt tab showing a window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop alt tab showing a window?: Hello guys, I have noticed lately that alt tab doesn't behave like the good old times. If I had 3 windows and I minimized one I could alt tab between the 2. Worst case scenario I would just click the ones I wanted as last and still it would tab between them. Now it doesn't...
  7. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working: Hi All, I have what looks like a weird driver issue with my keyboard. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working in Windows 10. Sometimes this happens after the computer wakes up from sleep, but sometimes simply after some time has passed. The keyboard keeps working...
  8. Alt+Tab Is automatically moving my windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+Tab Is automatically moving my windows: The issue is when I have any window on my second monitor, be it Spotify or a browser listening to YouTube, while I'm playing a game on my main monitor and I Alt+Tab to change the song/video, windows will automatically minimize my game and move my program on the second monitor...
  9. alt-tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt-tab stopped working: So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a few weeks ago... Windows update????????? Any help would be appreciated 116996
  10. alt+tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt+tab stopped working: I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens. The keys work individually. How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working? Thanks. 70553