Windows 10: Stop Automatic Printer Installation

Discus and support Stop Automatic Printer Installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several network printers. I have installed the drivers for them manually by adding a local printer and then configuring a new standard TCP/IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Stop Automatic Printer Installation

I have several network printers. I have installed the drivers for them manually by adding a local printer and then configuring a new standard TCP/IP port pointing to the device IP.

However, Windows 10 installs another driver. If I delete the one installed by windows, it re-installs.

I read to go to control panel, network and sharing, change advance sharing, and then uncheck "turn on automatic setup of network connected devices"

Is that the right method to stop windows from adding the printers?

thanks,

Mike

:)

rinconmike, Jul 21, 2019

2. Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 21, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Stop Automatic Printer Installation

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stop Automatic Printer Installation :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Stop Automatic Printer Installation

1. Stop Automatic Printer Installation - Similar Threads - Stop Automatic Printer

2. Cannot stop Windows installing updates automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot stop Windows installing updates automatically: Hi,How do I stop Windows automatically installing updates after checking if they are available?I want to be able to select which updates to install rather than it just installing older drivers which conflict with other software.For example, Intel Arc Control wants to update...
  3. Can't stop printer install in Win XP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't stop printer install in Win XP: I have a Windows XP virtual machine vmware. Whenever I boot the VM, it tries to add a printer. I have tried adding a non-existent printer, a generic text printer and everything under the sun. It will not add the printer and it will not stop asking me to add the printer. This...
  4. Can't stop printer install in Win XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop printer install in Win XP: I have a Windows XP virtual machine vmware. Whenever I boot the VM, it tries to add a printer. I have tried adding a non-existent printer, a generic text printer and everything under the sun. It will not add the printer and it will not stop asking me to add the printer. This...
  5. Stop automatic installation of AMD Display drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic installation of AMD Display drivers: I've had trouble trying to block my Windows 11 Home laptop from automatically installing the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.14016.13 drivers on my laptop as it seems outdated and also seems to create instability. After uninstalling/re-installing the new...
  6. Printer Stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Stopped: My Brother DCP-J315W has stopped printing from some apps not word, and I get the following message: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\PrintIsolationHost.exe Deleting and reinstalling the Brother Drivers, re booting, swapping USB Ports etc doesn't corretc the...
  7. Printer stopped printer

Printer stopped printer: My Brother MFC L2720DW printer stopped printing and show as "offline" How do I change it to "online"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-printer/58012513-1369-421d-92f2-5ff9a1abdae1
  8. Stop Automatic Printer Installation

Stop Automatic Printer Installation: I have several network printers. I have installed the drivers for them manually by adding a local printer and then configuring a new standard TCP/IP port pointing to the device IP. However, Windows 10 installs another driver. If I delete the one installed by windows, it...
  9. How could I stop automatic installation of this?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How could I stop automatic installation of this?: I am having enormous trouble by this getting installed through Automatic Windows Update. In Win 7 I could select a box to stop this being installed. Here in Win 10 I could not find the way to stop from this getting installed. Would anybody mind helping me to stop this...
  10. How to stop the automatic installation of BayHubTech driver

How to stop the automatic installation of BayHubTech driver: Hello community. How can I stop the automatic driver installation for the BayHubTech flash memory reader. It is very annoying what happens, because this controller always gives me problems with windows (BSOD). I do not need that stupid controller, I never use flash memory....