Windows 10: Stop Automatic reboot?

Discus and support Stop Automatic reboot? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do you stop cancer feature automatic reboot after windows update or just stop windows update from running?And no, its not a solution just to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ole Bang, May 12, 2021.

1. Ole Bang Win User

Stop Automatic reboot?

How do you stop cancer feature automatic reboot after windows update or just stop windows update from running?And no, its not a solution just to be able to pause it for a month.And change Windows update service to manual will still run windows update at some point.Only tested solution please.I am so sick of I losing eg. VPN connection just because I have gone home for the day, or VMs running shlt that must not be interrupted.

:)

Ole Bang, May 12, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 12, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stop Automatic reboot? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 12, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

Stop Automatic reboot?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Stop Automatic reboot?

1. Stop Automatic reboot? - Similar Threads - Stop Automatic reboot

2. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  3. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  4. System Rebooting Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Rebooting Automatically: My system Rebooting Automatically....i have dump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Av4PKafUGjbsjHh-2GPcOCfpxck1?e=zq1XPA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-rebooting-automatically/b9f36b3b-295e-4e19-a4fe-968980cd61c9
  5. Stop Windows 10 from Automatically Rebooting Itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Windows 10 from Automatically Rebooting Itself: Why is Windows 10 rebooting itself causing me to lose work? Is it possible to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-windows-10-from-automatically-rebooting/bfb5a8fc-5d65-4fa2-8e69-5885eba2de4e
  6. Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself?: Or should I just stick with my Mac? That was a rhetorical question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-anyway-to-stop-windows-from-automatically/e6469604-6c84-4a59-830a-b843e9e6d9df
  7. Stop rebooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop rebooting: How do I stop nightly re-booting? Recently it asked me what time to re-boot for Windows10 update and I remember setting 10pm somewhere, now I can't find it and I reboot nightly....
  8. How to stop windows 10 automatically rebooting

How to stop windows 10 automatically rebooting: When using windows 10, when an update is nigh, a message appears in the bottom right. However, when continuing to work, windows 10 will automatically reboot during the so called non-active hours. If one happends to have something running at the moment, it would only be...
  9. Windows Rebooting Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Rebooting Automatically: Hi everyone, Need some help with my PC. I changed my GPU and PSU couple of days ago and after that PC keeps rebooting automatically. For the GPU I uninstalled all drivers and installed the new one. I had a PSU 450ws and changed for a 600w. The errors I am getting...
  10. Automatically Hide taskbar suddenly stops working until reboot

Automatically Hide taskbar suddenly stops working until reboot: Hi there a bit of an irritant - anybody else had this and do they know how to fix. The Automatically hide taskbar / quick launch bar suddenly stops working until next re-boot. No rhyme or reason --just stops randomly. Video drivers and monitor software all 100% OK....