Windows 10: Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update

Discus and support Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've searched, but not found a satisfactory answer. I need to stop windows from automatically restating. As far as I can tell, Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeanPunchard, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update

Hi,

I've searched, but not found a satisfactory answer.

I need to stop windows from automatically restating.

As far as I can tell, Windows 10 will automatically restart after updates, and I totally understand it's to force uses to be upto date and therefore safer.

However my issue is that I use the PCs for rendering videos and CGI imagery. This means leaving the PCs unattended for hours / days at a time.

For example, I might use a PC (rendernode) to render a video over a night, or weekend, and I will come back to it, and the PC has restarted, and the task which it should have completed hasn't. This is seriously affecting work and clients.

So I NEED an way suspend all restarts until I manually click Restart. I can then be 100% confident that I'm restarting the nodes at a convenient time.

Thanks,
    Dean

:)

DeanPunchard, Feb 14, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 14, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 14, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update

1. Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Stop automatic restarts

2. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  3. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  4. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  5. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  6. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  7. Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?: Windows 10 version 2004 I've done quite a bit of research into this and modified various items using gpedit, services.msc, etc., but I can't get the automatic restarts to stop. Now, I don't even get the notification. Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening?...
  8. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  9. Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates: Since the updates (apparently released or at least installed yesterday evening 8PM PA time), my computer automatically restarts once every hour or so. What is strange is that this only occurs if I am watching a particular Streaming Service (Disney Plus) on Chrome. I thought...
  10. Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?: I am having issues when the pc is turned on/booted, it gets stuck before windows loads. Sometimes it gets stuck showing "i-obit defrag" at startup. I have uninstalled the i-obit software; but, this defrag at startup is still active. Because of this, it takes me multiple tries...