Windows 10: Stop Automatic Windows Update [Take Back Control].

Discus and support Stop Automatic Windows Update [Take Back Control]. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I basically want to STOP [take control of] WU's [Windows Updates] from turning my computer on or checking for WU's when it feels like it. I want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Paul Black, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Stop Automatic Windows Update [Take Back Control].

I basically want to STOP [take control of] WU's [Windows Updates] from turning my computer on or checking for WU's when it feels like it. I want to be able to just check for WU's manually and when I want to. I have put this together and wondered if there is anything that I have left out that I could also include.

In Services, I have stopped the Service status, set the Startup type to Disabled, in the Recovery tab set the First, Second, and Subsequent failures to Take No Action.

In regedit, I have created a Key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows] and Sub-Key [DWORD (32-bit) Value] and set it to the Value data: 2 [Notify for download and notify for install].

In gpedit.msc [Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update], I changed the Configure Automatic Updates [in the settings list] to disabled.

In Task Scheduler [Library\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate], I disabled the UpdateAssistant.

In Settings [Update & Security and Advanced Options], I turned Off Receive updates for other MS products when you update Windows, Download updates over metered connections [extra charges may apply], and Restart this device as soon as possible when a restart is required to install an update. I also turned Off Show a notification when your PC requires a restart to finish updating.

In Delivery Optimisation, I turned Off Allow downloads from other PC's.

is there anything I have left out please?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, Mar 10, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 10, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stop Automatic Windows Update [Take Back Control]. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 10, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

Stop Automatic Windows Update [Take Back Control].

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Stop Automatic Windows Update [Take Back Control].

1. Stop Automatic Windows Update [Take Back Control]. - Similar Threads - Stop Automatic Update

2. Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.: I’ve been hacked now my devices are infected with malware. It’s a key logger rat and it’s taking all my personal data, all my emails basically taken control of everything. It has all uac permissions and group policy in its favour. I tried to net user myself in but was denied,...
  3. Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.: I’ve been hacked now my devices are infected with malware. It’s a key logger rat and it’s taking all my personal data, all my emails basically taken control of everything. It has all uac permissions and group policy in its favour. I tried to net user myself in but was denied,...
  4. My PC is automatically taking screenshots in loop and is not stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is automatically taking screenshots in loop and is not stopping: From yesterday onwards my Laptop is taking a screenshot by itself in a loop about 5 in each second and is saving into the picture box.I checked even the keyboard setting and the screenshot button on the keyboard, but still, there was no anomaly found on the physical nature of...
  5. Windows login stopped taking automatic login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login stopped taking automatic login: When I got this computer a few months ago, it was not accepting the choices I made for it to automatically log me in on start up. After a month it finally started logging me in without a pin or password. Now it's doing it again. All of a sudden, I have to put in my pin...
  6. Stop automatic windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop automatic windows update: I want to be able to check for updates. But I don't want them automatically installed, in particular not the drivers. (One Realtek USB driver kept causing BSODs. I was ready to RMA the computer!) I also don't want to install additional software just for MS to break it. So...
  7. How to stop automatic windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop automatic windows updates: After a reset and restore to 1803, I was able to update windows 1803; however, I was not able to install a newer version. How do I prevent my computer from trying to install 1903? It hangs up my computer for more then 4 hours and fails after 91% complete. I don't have...
  8. How to stop automatic Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop automatic Windows Updates: How do I get rid of Windows 10 forever? And what's a good replacement? I'm sick of wanting to throw my computer through the window. Sick of crying. Sometimes I just need to do something quickly on my computer but there's yet another stupid forced update AND my computer is...
  9. Taking back control of your folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taking back control of your folders from OneDrive: When I first set up my computer, I enabled OneDrive, foolishly thinking it might be useful on a limited basis for sharing some information with friends and family. I just assumed it would be there if I ever wanted to use it. NOT SO. That damn thing takes over your...
  10. Stop Automatic Updates on windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop Automatic Updates on windows: Hello everyone can any body plz tell me how to Stop Automatic updates on windows 10??? 51160