Windows 10: Stop Autoplay

Discus and support Stop Autoplay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK Ive had enough. I can be on Skype talking and looking at news etc and a damn video somewhere will start shouting at me. It can take ages to find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terry eb Woods, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Stop Autoplay

OK Ive had enough. I can be on Skype talking and looking at news etc and a damn video somewhere will start shouting at me. It can take ages to find out where it is. How do I stop ANY video playing automatically. If I wish to watch I will select it. I have tried various suggestions but failed so far.

:)

Terry eb Woods, Oct 30, 2018

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Stop Autoplay autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 30, 2018
  3. PhilOwers Win User
    Windows 10 Autoplay

Have you checked the specific Autoplay settings for CDs an DVDs including the program\file associations for the different kinds of media they can hold? Windows has to know what to do with different file types, e.g. MP3s, MP4s JPGs etc.

Type 'Autoplay' into the Search Box on the Windows Task Bar and launch the Control Panel Autoplay Settings screen to check the settings thoroughly.

I also have a problem with autoplay in win 10. The DVD starts up then stops, however if I go into file explorer and then click on THIS PC the DVD starts up again and I get a message asking me what to do with the DVD.

I have tried

Follow these steps to stop and start the Plug and Play service.

• Press Windows key + R top open
      Run command

• Type services.msc and hit
      Enter

• Search for Plug and Play service. Check if it shows
      running next to it as the status.

• If yes, right click on the service and click on
      stop

• Now, again right click on it and click on
      start.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    and to no avail.

This laptop has a clean Win 10 installed but another laptop had an upgrade to win 10 and that works OK

Any Ideas

Thank

In the autoplay option from the control panel the AUTOPLAY option is enabled and all others in the list to use the default option.

Any other ideas please as I may have to clean build and start again

Thanks Phil

PhilOwers, Oct 30, 2018
  4. PhilOwers Win User

Stop Autoplay

Windows 10 Autoplay

Have you checked the specific Autoplay settings for CDs an DVDs including the program\file associations for the different kinds of media they can hold? Windows has to know what to do with different file types, e.g. MP3s, MP4s JPGs etc.

Type 'Autoplay' into the Search Box on the Windows Task Bar and launch the Control Panel Autoplay Settings screen to check the settings thoroughly.

I also have a problem with autoplay in win 10. The DVD starts up then stops, however if I go into file explorer and then click on THIS PC the DVD starts up again and I get a message asking me what to do with the DVD.

I have tried

Follow these steps to stop and start the Plug and Play service.

• Press Windows key + R top open
      Run command

• Type services.msc and hit
      Enter

• Search for Plug and Play service. Check if it shows
      running next to it as the status.

• If yes, right click on the service and click on
      stop

• Now, again right click on it and click on
      start.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    and to no avail.

This laptop has a clean Win 10 installed but another laptop had an upgrade to win 10 and that works OK

Any Ideas

Thanks

PhilOwers, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Stop Autoplay

1. Stop Autoplay - Similar Threads - Stop Autoplay

2. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?: Hello all, I have a weird one. I just finished making a couple of websites on wix, they use background videos, animations and embedded videos.None of these visual elements play automatically as they should on Chrome, Opera, Edge or Firefox but ONLY on my main Windows 10...
  3. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?: Hello all, I have a weird one. I just finished making a couple of websites on wix, they use background videos, animations and embedded videos.None of these visual elements play automatically as they should on Chrome, Opera, Edge or Firefox but ONLY on my main Windows 10...
  4. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 - Autoplay Group Policy stopped applying 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Autoplay Group Policy stopped applying 21H2: Hi,We have had the autoplay policy disabled for numerous years via group policy to all machines in the business.Until this morning we have just noticed that the policy is no longer working - even through its been applied via group policy.When running GPresult in cmd it shows...
  6. Windows 10 - Autoplay Group Policy stopped applying 21H2

Windows 10 - Autoplay Group Policy stopped applying 21H2: Hi,We have had the autoplay policy disabled for numerous years via group policy to all machines in the business.Until this morning we have just noticed that the policy is no longer working - even through its been applied via group policy.When running GPresult in cmd it shows...
  7. Windows 10 - Autoplay Group Policy stopped applying 21H2

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Stop autoplay in Movies & TV

Stop autoplay in Movies & TV: How do you stop files from autoplaying in Movies & TV? I have a number of short video files that are only one or two seconds long, and it gets extremely annoying that I can't turn off the autoplay no matter what I try. I only want to watch one video file in a folder and not...
  9. Disney+ AutoPlay stops after 2-3 follow?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disney+ AutoPlay stops after 2-3 follow?: As already mentioned, the automatic playback stops after 2-3 hours, which means after about 1-1 1/2 hours, which is especially annoying if I'm gambling (i.e. have another full screen program open) I have already tried a lot of things, but nothing helped, I use the browser...
  10. Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting": Hi, Autoplay stopped working and i know for a fact that it is cause of some "condidentiality setting" (some app, possibility helped with WIT, disabled a lot without telling me which). I went through condidentiality panes in settings but couldn't find the culprit. Basically,...