Windows 10: Stop Bing from starting each time I wake my PC up

Discus and support Stop Bing from starting each time I wake my PC up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I wake up the PC and start work, Bing starts up again. I don't use or want it to come up. How to stop this. Thx.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MallowSr, May 17, 2019.

1. MallowSr Win User

Stop Bing from starting each time I wake my PC up

Whenever I wake up the PC and start work, Bing starts up again. I don't use or want it to come up. How to stop this. Thx.

:)

MallowSr, May 17, 2019

2. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, May 17, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 17, 2019
  4. Valantar Win User

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

First off: I tried disabling wake-up by the mouse on both PCs and disabling USB Selective Suspend too, to no avail.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. Good to know that powercfg can list all wake-enabled devices, 'cause when I went through all ... eight-ish PCI-to-PCI bridge devices in Device Manager, none of them had wake events listed (in the "events" tab under Properties), which doesn't quite add up with one/more of them waking the PC a dozen or so times over the last few days. Of course, they don't even have the option to enable/disable waking the PC in the properties menu. I'll take a look at disabling a bunch of stuff through powercfg once I get home from work.

Sorry if I came across as rude, but honestly, your reply did not at all indicate that you'd read my post in the first place. I said I'd been looking at wake-up history in the Windows event log, and I listed several of the devices cited there as having woken up the PC. If you came away with the impression that I hadn't investigated this thoroughly, I suppose I might not have been clear enough, but it's all there in the post. While powercfg does give out some more detail (device IDs and such) than Event Viewer, it only lists the last wake-up, and as such doesn't really help in this instance, as it's clearly not a single device at fault, and tracking wake-ups over time seems more useful. Also, figuring out how to view wake-up events in the Event Log is what you do after you've concluded that powercfg isn't giving you enough information *Wink Stop Bing from starting each time I wake my PC up ;)

Valantar, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Stop Bing from starting each time I wake my PC up - Similar Threads - Stop Bing starting

2. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  3. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  4. My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.: The subject is pretty self-explaining I guess. I run the same Windows 10 updates and everything is identical and up to date all the time. I'm not sure if someone is having the same issue or maybe other people just turn their PC off when they're not using it but I'm more a...
  5. Stopping a Bing window from automatically opening on start up

in Cortana
    Stopping a Bing window from automatically opening on start up: I recently had my HP home desktop computer upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via a clean install. Cortana was intentionally not activated during the install. When I now start the computer or when the computer awakens from a sleep state an infernal Bing window appears and want this...
  6. bsod. I Crash each time I start up but then it starts ok?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bsod. I Crash each time I start up but then it starts ok?: bsod. I Crash each time I start up but then it starts ok? The computer starts up OK but then after the desktop coms up the system will crash to the bLue screen, but when I attempt restart it stars and usually runs normally Help...
  7. Bing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing on start up: Two weeks ago 'Bing search engine opens each time I log into my computer. Can't find in start up settings where to turn off. Anyone help? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-on-start-up/8dc9641c-a455-4a08-a7d9-9f74978f8321
  8. how do i stop BING adverts on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i stop BING adverts on start up: how do I stop BING adverts on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-bing-adverts-on-start-up/3dc61190-93f1-48fe-bc56-84e7885f8693
  9. How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?

How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?: Re-installed Win 10 after botched update, now it wakes up at 3 am every day. Cleaned Task Scheduler from what (IMO) was not needed. Still wakes up. Checked Power settings, don't see anything wrong. Minimum processor power was 5%, changed to 0%. Still wakes up. The...
  10. Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day

Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day: Recently I have been finding my PC powered up when it should be sleeping. Using powercfg -lastwake does not show a cause but looking at system events I can that there are a series of events each day starting at 08:59:31. One of these is a Power - Troubleshooter event which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bing start when computer awakes

2. stop bing from starting when pc is unlcoked

3. how to stop bing from starting every time my computer wakes up

4. how do i stop bing from automatically launching when i wake up my computer,
  5. stop bing starting,
  6. stop bing from starting every time my computer wakes up,
  7. how do i stop bing or microsoft silverlight opening at start up,
  8. how can i stop bing from starting a new window every time i unlock my computer?