Windows 10: STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10

Discus and support STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I open my laptop the boot manager/boot option menu keeps on showing up and giving me 2 options, Windows Boot Manager or EFI PXE Network. Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hyacinth Grace Aqui, Aug 27, 2021.

1. STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10

Whenever I open my laptop the boot manager/boot option menu keeps on showing up and giving me 2 options, Windows Boot Manager or EFI PXE Network. Once you choose and enter it will take a lot of time to start but it works fine, sometimes its lagging and need to restart before it perfectly works just fine. Now the problem is I want to stop the Boot Option menu appearing and just start normally, I've been anxious for the past days because I thought that my laptop is broke. I don't know if the problem is with the laptop itself o

:)

Hyacinth Grace Aqui, Aug 27, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2021
  4. STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10

No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10

1. STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - STOP 'BOOT OPTION

2. Boot menu got no options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot menu got no options: I got a Samsung laptop model nr NP270E5E-K01IT and when i open the laptop it shows me this So i did all it says but it keeps appearing so i tried to go to the boot menu but in the boot menu the only option i got is windows boot manager and when i press on it it goes to black...
  3. Boot menu got no options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot menu got no options: I got a Samsung laptop model nr NP270E5E-K01IT and when i open the laptop it shows me this So i did all it says but it keeps appearing so i tried to go to the boot menu but in the boot menu the only option i got is windows boot manager and when i press on it it goes to black...
  4. Windows stuck on boot option menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on boot option menu: I need an advice from a Windows expert. My PC is running windows 10 with all the latest updates. That same PCget stuck on windows 10 ‘boot options menu’ every time the system boots up. No matter what option I select, the system will always display ‘boot options menu’ on the...
  5. Problem with windows boot option menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with windows boot option menu: Hi all, I'm new to the idea of dual-boot and recently installed linux ubuntu to dual-boot, but then was unable get the windows boot option menu to load when I set it as first priority in my UEFI boot menu. I started getting issue with Windows 10, and decided to completely...
  6. Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu: Hi! I have a problem. I have installed Debian 10 on my computer as second OS next to my Win 10. After this the Debian was my default system to boot into, but I wanted my Windows as default, so I went on and made some modifications after tutorials that I can't remember, and...
  7. Boot option menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot option menu: ⬆️ and⬇️ to change option, ENTER to select an option What should I will do to solve this , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-option-menu/eb0bea46-d857-4318-b553-af9b3e706ce3
  8. Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10 How to Add a Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10 Advanced startup enables you to perform these actions: Start recovery (aka: Windows RE or WinRE), troubleshooting, and...
  9. Dual boot no option menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...