Windows 10: stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph

Discus and support stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In MS Mail on my Win 10 laptop, every time I hit return to get to the next line, it capitalizes the first word on that line. I am often just wanting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MiloFromSanDiego, Jun 4, 2019.

1. stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph

In MS Mail on my Win 10 laptop, every time I hit return to get to the next line, it capitalizes the first word on that line.

I am often just wanting to break the line, not starting a new sentence. How can I turn off this option of presumed capitals? Tried looking in settings but not seeing this option that seems like something I should be able to toggle off. Odd that wanting this would be presumed rather than a choice one could pick. Thanks!

:)

MiloFromSanDiego, Jun 4, 2019

2. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if
    you press shift again. This is insanely irritating, because anytime you are using any keyboard shortcut or anything that requires the shift key, it changes the capitalization status of your words.

How do I turn off the ability of the shift key to change capitalization?

soundsofscience, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 4, 2019
  4. stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph

Capital J will not print

Hello Robert,

Thank you for posting the Query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting,I would like you to answer the following question:

• Are you able to print any other letter with the help of shift key?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue with both the shift key?

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Step 1

If both Shift keys are not working, Try to check if sticky keys feature on windows is on. Sticky keys should be disabled.

To disable sticky keys, Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X and click on Control panel.
    • Go into control panel > Accessibility Options.
    • under keyboard there is sticky keys.
    • Remove the tick and click apply and
      OK

If issue persists,

Step 2

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your keyboard devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph

1. stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph - Similar Threads - stop capitalization hit

2. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  3. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  4. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key: Hello, I'm having this error with my keyboard wherein I'd I press shift+m it will work as enter, it is really annoying when I'm doing my research since when I want to make a capital M it will enter instead. What to do?...
  5. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key: Hello, I'm having this error with my keyboard wherein I'd I press shift+m it will work as enter, it is really annoying when I'm doing my research since when I want to make a capital M it will enter instead. What to do?...
  6. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  8. When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key: Hi, I've been having an issue for a couple of months where when I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key whilst holding shift at the same time. This is very annoying when I'm typing things and searching up stuff. Please help me out here....
  9. When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key: Hi, I've been having an issue for a couple of months where when I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key whilst holding shift at the same time. This is very annoying when I'm typing things and searching up stuff. Please help me out here....
  10. When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware