Windows 10: Stop child accounts from installing free apps from MS Store

Discus and support Stop child accounts from installing free apps from MS Store in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Family set up in MS Family Safety. I have child accounts in that Family. I have content restrictions set, and child accounts configured... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PaddyOPaddy, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Stop child accounts from installing free apps from MS Store

I have a Family set up in MS Family Safety. I have child accounts in that Family. I have content restrictions set, and child accounts configured under "spending" to require parent organizer permission for all purchases.

There is still a gap. What about free purchases? While MS might deem a browser as appropriately rated for "everyone", if a child installs an obscure, free browser from the MS Store, its fairly simple to circumvent many parental controls. Couple that with a free VPN/proxy, and Internet filtering of inappropriate content is gone.

How do I set up a child account such that it cannot install ANYTHING from the MS Store without parental approval?

Thanks

:)

PaddyOPaddy, Sep 17, 2020
  2. wahdangun Win User

App Store and iTunes Accounts Hacked

if you have itunes account beware guys,

source tomshardware

wahdangun, Sep 17, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Stop child accounts from installing free apps from MS Store

Child account- store and apps not opening

So, I create child accounts for my two kids so that they would use their own accounts to use our family pc and so that i could monitor their activity. The problem is that when i enter with one of the child's account the store app is not opening and many
    of the "metro" apps are not opening as well. All other accounts, including the other child's are working just fine. I have tried several suggestions but nothing seems to work, including the troubleshooter fix issued from microsoft. Is there a workaround?

Georgios Kouliatsis, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Stop child accounts from installing free apps from MS Store

1. Stop child accounts from installing free apps from MS Store - Similar Threads - Stop child accounts

2. Cannot install some apps from MS store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install some apps from MS store: Hello i cannot install some apps from MS storeApps that i can install are itunes, apple music, MS photos old, spotifyApps that i cannot install are MS teams, powertoys, VLCLog shows thisInformation when installation status changed id: XP8BT8DW290MPQ packageFamilyName:...
  3. Cant install 'Free Apps' From windows store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install 'Free Apps' From windows store.: Hi all, most not all free apps cannot be installed from my windows store. Im trying to install a DVD player, the nero one installed but it seems to keep videos very low quality. Tried installing 'Any DVD- DVD & Video Player', 'DVD Player - Free' and 'DVD Media Player - Free'....
  4. Cant install 'Free Apps' From windows store.

Cant install 'Free Apps' From windows store.: Hi all, most not all free apps cannot be installed from my windows store. Im trying to install a DVD player, the nero one installed but it seems to keep videos very low quality. Tried installing 'Any DVD- DVD & Video Player', 'DVD Player - Free' and 'DVD Media Player - Free'....
  5. Cant install 'Free Apps' From windows store.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Not able to install any apps from MS store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install any apps from MS store: MS Store not letting me install apps. Also can't install other apps from internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-any-apps-from-ms-store/5aad77e4-cee6-432c-b219-93a650753015
  7. Unable to install apps from ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install apps from ms store: Hello, I am facing issues in downloading apps from MS store, whenever I try to install an app, it shows "Acquiring license", then after sometimes it shows "Error". Pls help me fix it. I am unable to download important apps. Windows basic apps also facing same issue....
  8. How copy games from MS Store to Child's MS Account

How copy games from MS Store to Child's MS Account: I purchased some games from MS store and downloaded to laptop using my profile - MS Account. I am the parent. I just created a child MS account on same laptop and no of the games are showing on child's account. How do I get the games I just purchased to show on childs...
  9. How can child accounts be prevented from installing apps from the Microsoft Store without...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can child accounts be prevented from installing apps from the Microsoft Store without...: I'm asking how to stop apps being installed by child accounts. Is there a way to just stop child accounts being able to install anything without authorisation from a parent account first? These are child accounts. They do not have admin status. In any case, child...
  10. problem with installing apps from ms store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installing apps from ms store.: hey , while i was downloading asphalt 9 from the ms store i had to cancel some updates of some apps, while i did so i have cancelled asphalt 9 also while it was installing i just cancelled it mistakely while it was in its quarterway. after that while i tried downloading the...