Windows 10: Stop Chrome from automatically restoring

Discus and support Stop Chrome from automatically restoring in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've got the latest Chrome paired with the most up to date Win10 and have a 3 monitor setup with up to 10 virtual desktops. If I reboot without... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gusgf, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Gusgf Win User

Stop Chrome from automatically restoring

I've got the latest Chrome paired with the most up to date Win10 and have a 3 monitor setup with up to 10 virtual desktops. If I reboot without shutting every instance of Chrome down cleanly. Then when the PC comes back up my first virtual desktop is littered with previous Chrome instances and no it doesn't always give you the choice either.

So my question is how do I stop Chrome from doing this as it's very annoying?

:)

Gusgf, Aug 11, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 11, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stop Chrome from automatically restoring :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Stop Chrome from automatically restoring

Restore chrome filter in family

I am using ms family.

In Always Blocked apps list, I removed Chrome.

How to restore chrome back on this list?

HagaiCohen, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Stop Chrome from automatically restoring

1. Stop Chrome from automatically restoring - Similar Threads - Stop Chrome automatically

2. Stopping Windows from automatically restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping Windows from automatically restarting: I need to record video 24x7 for weeks on end. How do I stop Windows 10 Home from not updating and rebooting in the middle of the recording? the recording stops every 8 hours to open a new file - but that only takes 3 seconds I tried to change Active hours, but you cannot...
  3. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  4. Automatic Restore

Automatic Restore: Hello, One day out of the blue, my pc started opening up onto automatic restore. I’ve restarted, turned it off, used a device, reseted it, did a system restore, and a few more things. I don’t know what to do....
  5. Automatic restore

Automatic restore: I am trying to set up task scheduler to automatically create a new restore point. I have got through most of task scheduler but do not know what pathway to enter where it asks for programme address. What should I enter?...
  6. stop ipv6 from automatically enabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stop ipv6 from automatically enabling: How to stop ivp6 from automatically enabling ? I tried to disable it in registry and it didn't work and i can't disable it in my modem. I don't know any other way, i want to stick to ipv4 for now. How to prevert ipv6 from automatically enabling ??? 139409
  7. how to stop Chrome from automatically starting with laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop Chrome from automatically starting with laptop: how to stop Chrome from automatically starting with laptop. I have Chrome disabled in start menu. As far as settings, I have unchecked Chrome starts where it left off. I told it to only start with Google home page. But when I start the Laptop, Chrome starts by itself with...
  8. Restore from File History keeps stopping

Restore from File History keeps stopping: I am trying to restore my data from a previous Dell XPS 13 9380 to a new Dell XPS 13 9380 computer using W10 build 17763.529 from an apple time capsule disk drive that I have been using for multiple apple and windows machines with no problem for years. The restore of 198GB...
  9. Google Chrome 70 will include option to stop automatic sign-in

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 70 will include option to stop automatic sign-in: We recently made a change to simplify the way Chrome handles sign-in. Now, when you sign into any Google website, you’re also signed into Chrome with the same account. You’ll see your Google Account picture right in the Chrome UI, so you can easily see your sign-in status....
  10. Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions: As the title suggest i want to know how do i stop someone from uninstalling chrome extensions on a personal computer. Long story If someone wants to use my pc to browse internet, he also gains access to websites where i am already logged in like gmail facebook etc. At first...